+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuasimodem
    Hey, don't forget about Crap Cleaner!

I ran it on my sister's computer last night and it cleaned 4.2GB of crap from her system. She's surprised how much faster it boots and loads programs now

No, it's not a typo... 4.2GB of crap!
    WOW thats alot of crap (my brother only had 1gb and i had 1/2 a gig but i've just done a clean install of windows)

great list btw
    Last edited by iwishiwasafish; March 29th, 2005 at 04:51 AM.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwishiwasafish
    WOW thats alot of crap (my brother only had 1gb and i had 1/2 a gig but i've just done a clean install of windows)
    Yeah, a lot of that stuff comes from Internet Explorer's "hidden" cache. These are files that don't get deleted when you empty the cache and they just continue to build up over time. I'm sure there's a limit to how much space these files can occupy but I've seen some go upward of 10GB. These files can be found and manually deleted from "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5" (for WinXP). If you have IE or AIM running, you might get errors when trying to delete files manually.

Quote Originally Posted by large_nostril
    I'm sure there's a limit to how much space these files can occupy but I've seen some go upward of 10GB. .
    Yeah I just checked then to see what mine was set at and in the temp internet files there is a setting to change the allocation size

Super F@D Folder
    hey..i'll try those 2 programs out and see if they make the list can anyone access my server at the moment? i can't but i'm not sure if it's our site filter here in school or if it's something stupid like the servers frozen. unfortunately my linux skills aren't great enough to run a linux server and i don't feel like activating xp (because i do plan on moving to linux once i feel safe with it) so it's running me right now....and we all know me is not the best os...lol. oh well. I'll get something decent up and running soon enough. Can't wait to get ip cop running and secure my server a little better

Question about Crap Cleaner...I use it as well (thanks to GZ for recommending it), but I uncheck a few options before I analyze...

You guys leave everything checked?

Super F@D Folder
    i would..i think it'll just look for messed up files...normal ones (like fonts and stuff) will be left alone, even if you installed them seperately..but i'm not 100% sure...never used it before.

Super F@D Folder
    Quote Originally Posted by large_nostril
    Now when somebody says "omg h@x0rz, i have spyware", I can just point them to your list . It's basically got everything I recommend anyway.
    that is exxxaacccttlllyyyy why i did this lol. i had one going before but i had it hosted for free at some crap online site...you got a pop up whenever you clicked a link on the page...lol. now i'm just hosting it myself so it's all good

/edit hey guys...sorry but i doubt i'm going to be able to add much to the page till thursday....stupid school and scholarships. lol. oh well! i'll be working on it late tonight tho..i'll stay up an extra few hrs after my parents go to sleep to test a couple of these out
    Last edited by sr71000; March 29th, 2005 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoch
    Question about Crap Cleaner...I use it as well (thanks to GZ for recommending it), but I uncheck a few options before I analyze...

You guys leave everything checked?
    Yep, I use the default settings for my cleanups. Seems to work pretty nice.
    What did a tornado sound like before freight trains were invented?

yea me too, cleaned up 2.4 Gigs of S**t lol
    RIP TKOP!!

Super F@D Folder
    hey guys go to google and search anti-crapware guess whose favorite forum comes up!! (i made the top of a google list...holy CRAP!!)

Ultimate Member
    Who knew the true secret to Search Engine Optimization was simply chosing the words "anti-crapware"

Super F@D Folder
    I've just got those skils lol. ok..this weekend I'll try out a bunch of those porgrams and add them up

Quote Originally Posted by sr71000
    hey guys go to google and search anti-crapware guess whose favorite forum comes up!! (i made the top of a google list...holy CRAP!!)
    actually, you made the top 2 slots, hehe...good job
    My Rig:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.16||6GB OCZ Rev2 DDR2 800 @ 1:1 ratio
    MSI 975X Platinum||GTX 275 896MB ||WD Black 640GB and 2x80GB RAID 0

Super F@D Folder
    just an update. i'm using my friends domain name at the moment. the new link is http://kevinscorner.meta-cortechs.com so everyone go search anti-crapware on google and then recommend my site for the list lolol

Super F@D Folder
    hey..i'm looking for online anti-virus scanners...any recommendations? right now i'm using bit-defender..that's the only one i have on my list (unless i missed some that were recommended before.

Last edited by Martoch; April 3rd, 2005 at 06:36 PM.

Super F@D Folder
    wow...quick lol..does ms anti-spyware beta stop these online scanners from deleting/healing infected files? cus something is (or it could be sygate) those are my only 2 guesses. any ideas?

/edit forgot to say i'm using the bitdefender scanner at the moment. it wouldn't delete the weather but installer..from the aim folder (so i deleted it manually and ran again) and it didn't delete it from the recycle bit either.
    Last edited by sr71000; April 3rd, 2005 at 07:16 PM.

Hey buddy, I highly recommend adding a program called Killbox to the list.

If one program cannot delete something Killbox can (and if it can't, which is EXTREMELY rare, it can delete on reboot, and it can replace with a dummy file).

Not sure if it has an official website though...
    Intel Core i7-860 OCed to 4.0GHz | ASUS P7P55D-E | G.Skill 8192MB (4x2048MB) RAM | MSI GTX 280 | 2x Seagate 160GB 7200.11 RAID 0

does killbox just delete, or does it scan and delete?
    RIP TKOP!!

Super F@D Folder
    if someone dosen't mind finding an actual site for it it'd be cool. if not..i'll make one up (only problem is it won't have a domain name...unfortunately because the domain name is mine and i can't set it up the way i would normally..i simply have 1 subdomain that points to one page...and im stuck with it...lol

ps...if no one finds anything, i'll look into it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information