+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by enrique666 View Post
    Through trial and error, I found that in addition to enabling "File Download" (Tools > Internet Options > Security (tab) > Internet > Custom Level > Downloads >> File Download) you also have to Enable (or set to Prompt) these other two options:
    "Launching applications and unsafe files" and
    "Launching programs and files in an IFRAME" (this one is only needed if your download occurs in an IFrame),
    These 2 options are found under the "Miscellaneous" subsection, on the same settings screen as the "File Download" option.

After making these changes, I was then able to download files from sites, without having to put them into the "Trusted Sites" zone.
    Hope this helps/works for others.

Xev

Thumbs up Thank you Thank you!!!

I was unable to download files "your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded"
    Couldn't click hyperlinks on websites, they just opened blank pages.
    Couldn't open Outlook Templates
    or use tools on my system "Error Safety settings on the computer prohibit acessing a data source on another domain"
    In IE security settings, the settings for all were already enabled.
    My System was Hosed.
    However the Run line : ---> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    Worked Instantly,

Thumbs up Security settings modifications

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level > Scroll down to downloads and enable file downloads.
    Good Luck

Ultimate Member
    Welcome to the site,thank you for providing GENERAL INFO for others having this issue

Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded

There are a few users that deserve a hats off!

I had this trouble too... it was due in no other part then one item that I could find while attempting to download a, ahem, a reputable update I'd guess from a reputable site, Java.com

None of these made any difference:
    Downloads enabled (Downloads section),
    Launching Programs and Files in an IFRAME (Set to Prompt/Enabled
    Anonymous logon (Auto Logon in Intranet only)

The ones listed above I'd set for Enable or Prompt pending your preference.

--- StartMenu-->Run-->inetcpl.cpl (Internet Options Via IE's Menu)

--- SECURITY tab/ Internet/ click Custom

- MISCELLANEOUS:

- Allow launching applications and unsafe files (set to enable or prompt)

--- No Reboot/Restart was done. Changes seem to take place immediately!

Why? Because MS and Solaris are two different entities now really, its kind of retoricle. Something on Suns website? There is already a prompt for file downloads which is what this is unless your running on a limited user account as one had described.

Check your Group Policy settings too: (StartMenu-->Run-->gpedit.msc) may be something to tinker with ONLY if you know what to adjust

Internet Explorer is what your tinkering with.

But it never hurts to take a gander especially if you toyed with something else. I cant tell you for sure maybe someone else can chime in on this. This is all due in part to a "Security Setting"

I noticed some of you said even after a reset you could not download. Their may be a way to work around or reset a securatative account enforcement policy but not where has been said.

There was something else listed in this thread about that too. Sorry. - Peace

Thumbs up hi thank you so much..

thanks so much i am now able to download java portble without security getting in my way.

Ultimate Member
    Welcome to the site,im glad this thread has been a help to you

Quote Originally Posted by christi313 View Post
    For awhile now, I've been getting this error message when I try to download things. It hasn't been a huge problem, I just stayed away from those sites. However, it has become a hassle. I tried to download the new version of iTunes when I got my iPod, and it gave the same error message. The only other time I can think of it occurring is when I tried to play MSN Games. I've googled the phrase as well as searched the message boards here, and couldn't find a solution other than lowering the privacy settings. However, all of my settings are default, and nothing is set to High. Any advice? Thanks!

what can I do to get my downloads

Quote Originally Posted by christi313 View Post
    For awhile now, I've been getting this error message when I try to download things. It hasn't been a huge problem, I just stayed away from those sites. However, it has become a hassle. I tried to download the new version of iTunes when I got my iPod, and it gave the same error message. The only other time I can think of it occurring is when I tried to play MSN Games. I've googled the phrase as well as searched the message boards here, and couldn't find a solution other than lowering the privacy settings. However, all of my settings are default, and nothing is set to High. Any advice? Thanks!

keep getting message ,that security setting wont allow the download

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just use Firefox and be done with it.

Thumbs down trying to download...

Im tryin to download but it just says your current security dosen't allow you to download.

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enrique666 View Post
    Through trial and error, I found that in addition to enabling "File Download" (Tools > Internet Options > Security (tab) > Internet > Custom Level > Downloads >> File Download) you also have to Enable (or set to Prompt) these other two options:
    "Launching applications and unsafe files" and
    "Launching programs and files in an IFRAME" (this one is only needed if your download occurs in an IFrame),
    These 2 options are found under the "Miscellaneous" subsection, on the same settings screen as the "File Download" option.

After making these changes, I was then able to download files from sites, without having to put them into the "Trusted Sites" zone.
    Hope this helps/works for others.

Cool Internet Option Settings

Try This:
    select Tools (in the above of your browser), select Internet Options , in the Security tab select Costum Level , in the Settings list look for Downloads and change the File Download option buttons to Enable.

Answer

Even though you have it in Trusted Sites, you need to enable downloads for Internet not just trusted sites....this will fix issue

Security Settings message

This problem started for me only 2 or 3 weeks ago. Thought it was unique to my PC. Since so many others are having the same problem, I've concluded that it's caused by a recent Windows Security Update.
    Here's why! Running Win7, 64-bit. It would cause my computer to shut down and it eventually prevented my PC from rebooting. Ended up doing a System Recovery. That should have fixed anything causing the problem in the first place, since everything was back to Factory new. After the Recovery, I installed around 119 Windows updates. I'm again having the SAME problem. This has convinced me that one of the recent Windows Security updates (don't know which one) has caused this problem, since it's widespread. I just reset my security to DEFAULT and hope this fixes it.

Ultimate Member
    Anyone think its weird the last 5 replies all have only 1 post?? (I've seen this done on other sites and it turned out being the same idiot talking to themselves )

It will never beat the pinball post, for 1 time posters!
    Hard Sayin Not Knowin

Quote Originally Posted by stroyal View Post
    It will never beat the pinball post, for 1 time posters!
    Hey I got 2 posts now!! I am new to the forum and thought I would share my fix

Well. if you are going to stick around, Welcome!
    Hard Sayin Not Knowin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information