+ Reply to Thread

Question Please help! Have disk in drive E but computer says "Please insert disk into drive E"

Please help!!! I have a disk in my disk drive but everytime I try to run the disk the computer says "Please insert disk into drive E". The computer is able to eject the disk, but it just seems to not be able to read any disks inserted.
    Then I tried to uninstall the drive and reboot. The computer reinstalls the drive but I still have the same problem. A few weeks ago I had downloaded and installed a game (iso file with no cd crack). I'm not sure if this had something to do with it but before I had installed the game the dvd drive worked perfectly, so I uninstalled the game but this also did not help.
    I even tried unplugging the drives inside the computer and plugging them in again. NOTHING!!!
    I have tried Temp clean-I.E cashe Clean. This does nothing. I have run a virus scan, I tried updating the driver but there is no better update, so then I tried to roll it back, NOTHING.
    I tried deleting the upper and lower filters from the registry but my computer still does not read cd's, dvd's, or dvd movies!!! ( There was a lower filter but no upper filter).

This is what I keep trying to do to check if the computer will play a disk. I am able to eject the drive via start, my computer, dvd drive e (right click - eject). So I guess that the drive is reconized by the computer. When I put a disk into the dvd drive the computer does not automatically play.
    So I go into
    start
    my computer
    dvd drive e
    A blank window opens with no data . Nothing is showing up as being on the disks.

Please Help!!!
    This is very frustrating!!!

Thank you soooo much for your time.

well, that is exactly what happened 3 times with my friends optical drives.... all died(or at least thats what i assume).

They register in Device Manager and during the POST fine but try to use them....never works.

Although on my friends pc, if you were to put a disc in, the light would never shut off on one causing the screen to freeze until you took it out and his other drive what light up for a second or two then stop trying which of course isnt long enough to read anything. his other drive got tossed a long time ago.

That's my reply because i have a very similar problem posted here as well but relates to drives constantly failing.

I assume i am right in regards to it being dead because noone else has said otherwise in my topic so i would suggest buying you another drive.

But just for kicks, turn the pc off, unplug power and data cable going to drive, then plug both back in and turn on. If it still wont read discs....buy somethin new.

How did you uninstall the drive? If you did not do it in Device Manager,then go into Device Manager and uninstall the drive. It's under dvd/cdrom devices. When you reboot, Windows will reinstall the drive. See if that fixes it. Let us know.

I Have The Same Problem

I have the same problem only with my laptop it says there is no disk in even when there is, even on startup it egnores the install disk i have when i try reinstall windows. it has done it ever since i reinstalled vista on my laptop please help me fix it.

Im sorry to be the bearer bad news, Beqzo, but unless the laptop maker has posted updated drivers that support Vista I think your out of luck. First you need to get Vista Drivers for your laptop optical drive. You didnt list your system so I cant help you.

Since, IMO, the drivers most likely arent coming out any time soon(everyone is getting ready for Win 7 ), Im afraid you will have to purchase an External CD/DVD reader that Vista DOES support AND is visible and bootable in your system.

I wish you good luck!

Vern
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
    dulce bellum inexpertis

printer

i cant get my hp 2410 all in one 2 load it dose all the loading then says administration rights can u help

Quote Originally Posted by james vallance View Post
    i cant get my hp 2410 all in one 2 load it dose all the loading then says administration rights can u help
    Double-post:

hp 2410 all in one scanner
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

help

I am facing the same problem. My computer is dell turbo 14 and I have windows vista premium. My dvd drive is not being located and I am getting the error "please insert a disc into the drive E" everytime any disc is inserted. Is there a remedy?

Same problem

Same problem here. Computer says "Please insert disk . . ." when there is a disk in there. I uninstalled the drive and rebooted, but no change. I can install a program from that drive, so I guess it's not totally ruined.

Any other suggestions? Please?

Welcome to TechIMO!
    You will get more response with a new post and a good title.

I'm confused, If the drive sees no disk, how can it read it to install programs?
    Are we talking about the same disk or is one disk burner and one factory made?
    Hard Sayin Not Knowin

Thank you for responding, stroyal, and I'll take your advice about re-asking my question as a new post. The disk that the computer is not recognizing is a blank disk. I'm trying to burn an ISO file, and the computer keeps asking me to insert a blank disk, but there's already one in there.
    Just to check, I installed a program from a commercial disk from that same drive, and it worked fine.

The disk that the computer is not recognizing is a blank disk. I've re-asked my question as a new post, as you suggested. Thank you.

Have disk in drive E but computer says "Please insert disk into drive E"

Have disk in drive E but computer says "Please insert disk into drive E"

Blog Entries
    Everyone having disk issues should first see if their drive is recognized under "my computer".

If it is and it's a known good disk, (try disk in another computer?), try going into device manager, find the drive and uninstall it, then reboot, windows should detect the drive and work.

If you burned the disk and says that, most likely there was a virus in the file that never made it to the burned disk because your antivirus deleted it.

I've seen issues that a particular cdrom or dvdrom could burn a cd/dvd but not read from it. Sometimes the burn speed was too fast, or just incompatible disk for the drive.

Keep in mind that cdrom and dvdrom do break and is not uncommon.
    DynaIndex.com - Dynamic search index of websites, links, feeds, title, description, keywords and thumbnail snapshot.

Thank you for responding, quickoldcar. It turned out I just needed a better quality CD-R.

Blog Entries
    You are welcome, I usually go with the sony or memorex 100 packs you see on sale all the time for the cd's. They never seem to have issues.

For dvd's I usually get ridata or verbatim.

You do get a better burn if at slower speeds, mostly all of them can do 4x, if not in a hurry try using that. A few times i've done faster only to find out the cd would work maybe 3 times, then after that it seems can't read from the cd any longer, if do a slower burn it always seems to work.
    DynaIndex.com - Dynamic search index of websites, links, feeds, title, description, keywords and thumbnail snapshot.

I have same prob with laptop windows 7 installed I tried installing CellC data stick and since then it keeps saying no disk in drive and it can't be closed or moved I did uninstall the data stick but no change please help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information