+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Question User submitted reviews section - broken?

According to the main page, there have been no reviews for nearly 2 months.... I know I've never been able to post a review there.... Is everything ok, in user review land?

Ultimate Member
    I posted a couple of reviews, but never actually showed up, like my speaker review... and I think my motherboard.

Do they have to be approved by mods before they are posted? Makes sense to me - maybe those mods are on smoke break or something =)

Ultimate Member
    Well, this was over a year...

Unfortunately, the user reviews have been out of commission for a while now and it needs to be revamped. Scott is currently working on a new app based on PhotoPost that would handle user reviews nicely, but I really have no idea when it will be implemented.

I really would like to see product reviews be a bigger part of TechIMO as I'm sure everyone would, but there are other projects that have to be completed first.

I thought people just didn't like my reviews

Ah but check out this beta Scott is working on Review Post this puppy's gonna really be nice when it's up and running
    "Sometimes life is just what we make it."

Ultimate Member
    That's really cool looking! But will it have pictures of work areas like that? or like pictures of the reviewed item like in the user reviews now?

Blog Entries
    Hrmm. PhotoPost hates me (asks me for money), so I hope the reviews section decides I'm likeable.

so is the TIMO version going to be ditched and this take its place or will this be part of another website of Scotts??? I like the base of it, though I can't say I like the idea of user pics. I like how Scott found perfect pics of the products! In some of the pics I saw you had trouble finding the product out of everything else the picture covered, and quality was very varied. Any way I'm sure Scott will fix it up! Any idea of when this thing is going to be finished? I really want to post some reviews!

Si vis pacem, para bellum daveleau's Avatar
    Yes, we have been lobbying for some time to get the review section beefed up like it was before moving sites. Scott has reworked the software and as fingers said, he should be implementing it in the near future.

cool! Well I can't wait! My fingers be a twitching to let loose some five star reviews and one zero star one *grinds teeth* Any way, yeah be sure to give us all a yell when its up! Can't wait

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information