+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pallidion chip?

the strong survive. Like it or not, the strong will crush the weak
    This is not the case here. Here we are dealing with increased exploitation. It will have an end one day, when the masses rise and make a decisive move.

The question is when will that happen? Not in the near future.

Originally posted by clubmed
    It will have an end one day, when the masses rise and make a decisive move.
    Thats sounds great and I wish MS would be overthrown right now, instead of later, but pleeeeeeeeeeese. Let's not be melodramatic. Realistic problems need realistic solutions. To think that we're going to convince a bunch of mindless drones (basically the entire general public ) that there needs to be a "CALL TO ARMS!!" is just unrealistic.

Don't ge me wrong. I like your enthusiasm. Its just that if this war needs to be fought outside the bounds of the law, it will not be fought by the technically incompetent, retarded public. I think we all know what must be done, hopefully later than sooner. But if they give us no choice.........

Blog Entries
    The word vote uses the same letters as the word veto, veto M$ with your money being spent elsewhere. The PC is not going to gain a lot more functionality (was the car? nooooo), so the Windows OS is not going to change a lot from right now. Put that money into Suse, Debian, EFF, anywhere besides your own pocket. Or, maybe the thieves could actually use the cash to begin purchasing the copyrighted stuff which is being stolen according to the proponents of the palladium/DMCA scare. Naaahhh.

Originally posted by dunbar
    Or, maybe the thieves could actually use the cash to begin purchasing the copyrighted stuff which is being stolen according to the proponents of the palladium/DMCA scare. Naaahhh.
    I'm afraid I don't quite follow you here.... could you re-word? Maybe I'll look at the post again later and it will makes sense to me, but it doesn't now.

By "making sense" I dont mean the idea itself, I mean the way its expressed.

Not Really a Member
    http://vbnetadvisor.com/Articles.nsf/aid/SMITT748 an article that I found looking for other information. Speaks of changing the hardware for a simple keyboard so it can encrypt the information from the keyboard to the PC so you can't use a keylogger. I think its a load...
    However, its more information...
    Kinda sucks when a simple keyboard is obsolete
    Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.

Underneath all this is a fundamental cultural trait.

I read an article in WIRED a couple of weeks ago about the popularity of online pc gaming in Korea. I spent a few years in Japan so I really got into it.

The game they're big on is a multiplayer stategy game in which people adopt places in a heirarchy and then battle other teams. The same game never flew in the West because everyone here wants to be (and I quote), "the lone ranger - hero king who singlehandedly saves the realm."

It might be argued (by Vanguarde perhaps) that this isn't the most efficient way to do things. A lot can be said for Asia's willingness to work communally/heirarchically, a lot can also be said for the West's willingness to go it alone.

Sometimes I wince at how much we waste supporting individualism, but then I remember things like all of the invention, Noble prizes, minority rights, freedom of speech and other good things that come of it.

At the end of the day some wankers in corporateland and the government might think that a chip will control the masses and make us more efficient, but they're wrong. Our efficiency comes out in ways unchecked and unlooked for. It doesn't show itself on balance sheet, and it certainly won't show itself in thinly veiled attempts to control marketshare.

Sorry for the long post - it just bugs me when people start championing efficiency, when what they really mean is feeding money into the status quo.

SCMT

Here's a news article link, since I couldn't find this thread originally...

http://www.techimo.com/forum/t35152.html

Just one quote:
    "The Price of Freedom is eternal Vigilance"

Lets ponder on that for a bit.
    -=Marcin=-

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information