+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just annoying

just annoying

Hello,
    Has anybody seen this? I turn on the computer, and aftre the first bios screen it take a few seconds "detecting", it never used to do that, the in tells me that "Bios is not instaelled because there are no drivers attached" then it starts up and evrything is fine. Just bugs me that it never used to do that. and it scares me that that message pops up everytime.
    Anybody got any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Kamal

Blog Entries
    Um, did you just install a PCI IDE bus card? That's what it sounds like to me. Or like you've got a SATA adapter on your motherboard that just decided to activate itself.

Hey,
    I'm kinda computer illaterate, what could I do to see if these are indeed the problem, and how would I fix it. (I haven't tried to install a PCI IDE bus) not to my knowledge at any rate, and I'd know about that, right?

have you opened your case and added or removed anything recently

Welcome to Techimo

Supporting our military Bill in SD, CA's Avatar
    May be a bad CMOS battery.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill in SD, CA
    May be a bad CMOS battery.

Bill
    Yeah I'd be guessing that too. Before you go out and buy the usual CR2032 cell (that's what it is right), unplug the PC from the wall and remove the battery for like 5 minutes. Then place it back in and give it a go. If it doesn't work, run down to Radio Shack and buy another one as I'm sure they have them.

BTW - just to clarify, the CMOS battery is a little silver coin-cell job that should be located around the bottom of the mobo, maybe around the power/reset headers or below the PCI slots.

ok...I'll give it a go

I had opened the computer recently but I didn't add or remove anything, I did unplug and replug, but the two CD drives are in working condition. Still think it may be a problem?

I acctually removed the CMOS battery when this first started hapening (guy from the gigabyte website suggested it), but I'll try in one more time, cause I didn't wait five minutes.

Thanks for everybodys help

Machine must be unplugged from wall or switched off at the PSU for CMOS to clear properly unless mobo manual says differently.
    .bh .
    "Our freedom depends on five boxes: soap, ballot, jury, witness; and, when all else fails, Ammo. " ?author?

Originally posted by ArcticFox
    unplug the PC from the wall and remove the battery for like 5 minutes. Then place it back in and give it a go.
    Originally posted by Zepper
    Machine must be unplugged from wall or switched off at the PSU for CMOS to clear properly unless mobo manual says differently.

Look in the BIOS setup for any SATA or RAID controllers and disable them if they aren't in use. They will probably be under something like "Integrated Peripherals".

Yeah...goldcart is on the right track....

I am not too sure after reading...but it sounds like you have defaulted the mobo...and based on my experience with gigabyte the RAID functions in the BIOS get switched on again.

You need to enter the BIOS...go to integrated peripherals and switch the RAID functions to BASE...and also disable IDE RAID etc.

That should do it..

f10 and save the settings and it should skip those things.

That is, if I understood this string correctly.

Good luck

Rohan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information