+ Reply to Thread

Angry No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received

Okay, here's my issue...

I have a client pc connected to a LAN of about 20 other clients. Recently I placed a switch between the RJ45 from the wall to my Ethernet card, so it goes wall to switch, switch to NIC card. It worked just fine for two days. My company keeps all their computers running all day and night so when I came in the next day my monitor is displaying the "Blue screen of death" and tells me there was a "Stop error"...blah,blah..."memory dump"...blah,blah...you know the drill. So I reboot and this is what comes up:

DHCP....
    PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received.

Boot Failure: System Halted_

And then it just sits there forever and ever...

The funny thing is all the IP addresses are assigned statically not dynamically from the DHCP server so why am I having this problem?

I tried resetting the BIOS...nothing
    I tried resetting the boot sequence...no dice
    I tried unplugging the network cable and got this error:

DHCP....
    PXE-E61: Media device, check cable

Boot Failure: System Halted_

So now it wants me to connect the cable but when I connect the cable I get the first error...

So what's going on??? As far as I know DHCP is only relivent if you dynamically assign your IP's, so in this case it shouldn't be an issue...

All the other computers in the LAN work just fine, in fact i'm writing from one write now, so why mine???

Help me...I can't live without my computer...well I can but I don't want to

JT

Sounds like your hard drive has failed and it is trying to boot from the network using PXE protocol.

Edit -> if not entirely failed, at least the OS is damaged beyond boot ability
    Last edited by DVNT1; April 1st, 2004 at 11:39 AM.

Unhappy

I'm beginning to feel the same way. I checked to see if my hard drive was spinning when I turned on my computer, but got nothing. It seems that I will have to lay my hard drive to rest and bring in the big guns to get a new one...

If anyone can think of a way out of this unfortunate situation, please by all means let me know. It's not my money that i'd be spending but it would make my boss feel better if he didn't have to fork up the dough. Plus, i've got sort of an attachment to the programs and such on that hard drive and it would be a shame if it was inopperable.

Thanks for the input.

JT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information