+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    Point taken...
    Dont get me wrong, there are absolutely exceptions to the rule, and you found a verified specific manufacturer of that model, but realistically next week they may get a better price from another manufacturer, and switch to a crap version.
    Its not a reliable namebrand...
    Ive seen Rosewills that would blow away in a strong breeze, and a few that I would gladly use in my own rig... but without going through the hassle of research, testing and time, I wouldnt know from one month to the next if it was reliable.

Blog Entries
    Point taken.
    Q6600@4Ghz | i7 920@4.4Ghz |E6320@3.5Ghz
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

However, when I do have time for mail-order and can afford it at the same time I'll probably return to Antec as those have usually outlasted the systems they were in. I have three AT Antecs [350W]on the shelf that someday I'd like to convert to ATX spec[as I once read about one person doing that].
    I did that before. the Power Supply didn't last very long but it powered the computer for about 2 months then it took a dump.
    Verizon FiOS Tier 2 Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by cksboy15 View Post
    I did that before. the Power Supply didn't last very long but it powered the computer for about 2 months then it took a dump.

OK. However, they're still good units that I'd like to find a purpose for someday.
    Last edited by browncoat; August 20th, 2009 at 11:41 AM.

I've turned one of mine into an external unit to test parts with. I haven't used it for a while so I don't know exactly were it is but if I find it I'll take a pic for you to look at.
    Verizon FiOS Tier 2 Technical Support

All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p is giving me difficulty. The DVD and HDD installs were a dream. Power plugs no issue ( if you have one and can;t find the 8 pin it's a dongle in a separate bag.

Where in the world are the 2 prong pins for the power button and HDD L.E.D?

It is an awesome board. Am i stuck in "bold" here,,,

Thanks,
    Three things cannot be long hidden: The Sun, The Moon and The Truth - Buddha

Blog Entries
    HDD LED attaches to your front panel of the case. Not the power supply.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

Hi JP,
    Thanks for an excellent suggestion.
    I will start doing some investigate on the other form factors now and add it in later.
    I was concentrating on the ATX F.F. because that is what is most commonly asked about.
    Thanks Again

Banned
    Are Kingwin PSUs good or bad?

Blog Entries
    Generally, Kingwin aren't that great. They have a few models that are made by ABS though, so those aren't bad. But in most cases, there are better buys out there.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

I have had great luck with Rosewill. The 1000W especially. Good price, grat performance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321 View Post
    I have had great luck with Rosewill. The 1000W especially. Good price, grat performance.
    No offense Net, but that's like buying a Ferrari and saying it does 60MPH great.
    We all knew the car would do 1/4 of the top speed with no problem. It's the top speed that matters, right?
    Same idea for PSU's. We know a 1000watt PSU in any brand will power a system needing 500watts. But when you put max load on the PSU, that's where you'll be able to tell the difference between a cheaper PSU and a Quality PSU.
    Most cheap PSU's don't even handle what they say they can. And if they can, their efficiency is probably really really bad.
    On quality PSU's, not only can they handle what they are rated for, but they maintain a certain efficiency while doing it.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

None taken, but Rosewill has smaller PDS's as well, didn't mean to endorse only the 1K.

On another matter. My GTS 250 has hung twice on the same error ERROR 0x40010004

Uncle Fungus hasn't even figured this one out yet,,,:-)

Ideas? Thinking of blowing away this install, downloading the clients again and starting over.

If you want to look, I'll send you an LMI invite and see how YOU would set up a single GPU in a decent rig. Would need your email.

Thanks,

Networker, your not getting the point...
    I can take nearly any POS power supply and run it at half "capacity" for a length of time...
    The PC may run fine during that time... there may be no obvious issues...
    However, the components will be getting "dirty" uneven power which can shorten their lifespan and cause all sorts of hard to diagnose issues over time...
    Then when it does fail... ( and it WILL), you'll end up with blown components that would have been saved by a better quality PSU

Quote Originally Posted by JPMiller View Post
    Networker, your not getting the point...
    I can take nearly any POS power supply and run it at half "capacity" for a length of time...
    The PC may run fine during that time... there may be no obvious issues...
    However, the components will be getting "dirty" uneven power which can shorten their lifespan and cause all sorts of hard to diagnose issues over time...
    Then when it does fail... ( and it WILL), you'll end up with blown components that would have been saved by a better quality PSU

JP,

Apparently I am not getting the point. To staaart, I simply "endorsed " Rosewill as a manufacturer of quality PSU's. I stated I had put in a 1K Rosewill in my second to last build and have had great results from it.

Now, I don't disagree with any point you have made sso,,

What point am I missing? I think we are cross ways on a point of which I am unaware.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321 View Post
    None taken, but Rosewill has smaller PDS's as well, didn't mean to endorse only the 1K.

On another matter. My GTS 250 has hung twice on the same error ERROR 0x40010004
    Rosewill as a whole is unreliable as a choice unless its known who actually manufactured it and the actual model itself was reliably tested...
    Rosewill is not a manufacturer of components, they simply outsource a company to make products to their specifications...
    That changes due to price and series constraints...
    YOU cannot reliably test a PSU and endorse it because your rig doesn't stress it in any way...
    A crappy 500W will run your rig just fine for a short period of time...
    You are also having issues that could be due to a PSU irregularity as well..
    Your making our argument that Rosewill is NOT on the good list because they do not use the same manufacturer, and they are not across the board reliable.
    Your GTS 250 could likely be hanging due to a power issue...
    Last edited by JPMiller; June 13th, 2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMiller View Post
    Rosewill as a whole is unreliable as a choice unless its known who actually manufactured it and the actual model itself was reliably tested...
    Rosewill is not a manufacturer of components, they simply outsource a company to make products to their specifications...
    That changes due to price and series constraints...
    YOU cannot reliably test a PSU and endorse it because your rig doesn't stress it in any way...
    A crappy 500W will run your rig just fine for a short period of time...
    You are also having issues that could be due to a PSU irregularity as well..
    Your making our argument that Rosewill is NOT on the good list because they do not use the same manufacturer, and they are not across the board reliable.
    Your GTS 250 could likely be hanging due to a power issue...
    JP,

The GTS 250 is a set up error ( or was ) on my side.

Still and all, I was NOT aware that Rosewill uses differents OEM's to manufacture their PSU's. To that point, I acquiese to your POV.
    Thanks for the education. If one fails, I will post it. There is one running GTX 295's in a tower packed full of HDD's and other peripherals. And, I understand that even one failure doesn't mean the whole list of 1K's are bad. Now, I am curious to learn who did make that one.

Thanks a bunch,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information