+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPMiller
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817104951
    THIS is the best deal at present...
    Hey, nice find!
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

But only 4 molex connectors?
    That means 1 to the videocard, 1 to each Hard drive/optical drive, and then you have to daisy chain everything else.
    I also have a question, I have an Antec 350 watt SmartPower PSU. There is a 3 pin connector on it with a black and blue wire. What is that?
    Also, is it ok to daisy chain a fan and Hard drive?

Blog Entries
    What does the 2wire/3 pin connector do? Where do I connect this to my motherboard?
    That wire is the fan sensor. It will report the speed of the power supply fan. You connect this to one of the fan connectors on your motherboard.
    ...found on the antec site http://www.antec.com/us/support_prod...?ProdID=26350#

Well, it would probably be ok...but it would be better to daisy chain it off of a cd drive or something...because if something goes wrong with the fan, like it shorts out or something, you could mess up your harddrive...I would think.
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

Neglected to mention that my PSU was the ATX version, not ATX12V.
    The only problem with going off my CD drive, is that is about as expensive as my Hard Drive, its the Sony DRU-710A.
    I thought it was the fan controller wire, I didn't know though.
    I don't need to run my Hard drives and fans on the same power channel, I was simply wondering.
    Thanks for the info.

psu fan rpm sensor is the blue wire. Oh and about daisy chain and a short ruins stuff. They are all connected inside the psu as one rail (one 12v one 5v rail) anyhow. Doesnt matter. One short can fry it all UNLESS it has short circuit protection (like mine hehe).
    R.I.P. TKOP
    You will always be in our hearts and thoughts. God bless.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

PC Won't turn on

I have a problem, my PC won't turn on, I've checked everything is connected well on the mobo and the monitor is on but nothing happens when I press the power button in front, no light no sound no nothing. please help me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zicco
    I have a problem, my PC won't turn on, I've checked everything is connected well on the mobo and the monitor is on but nothing happens when I press the power button in front, no light no sound no nothing. please help me.
    Welcome To TechIMO!

Start a new thread and you will get some good answers, also try to refrain from making the words HUGE. thank you -.-
    4K PC: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb DDR3 2400 / Sapphire R9 290X / Win10 Pro
    HTPC: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.2ghz / 8gb DDR3 1333 / Evga 750ti / Win8.1 Home
    Laptop: Lenovo G50-45 / AMD A8-6410 / 8gb DDR3 1866 / Win10 Home

since some have to be jerks and won't help first get a power supply tester something like this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    then test power supply then next step is case switch, then motherboard, processor, memory.ect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by md300
    since some have to be jerks and won't help first get a power supply tester something like this.
    then test power supply then next step is case switch, then motherboard, processor, memory.ect
    hmm, that's news to me. Being called a jerk for helping him out by telling him to start a new thread so he can

A) Get more help from different people aswell as us
    and
    B) Not Use a PSU sticky thread for a computer problem
    4K PC: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb DDR3 2400 / Sapphire R9 290X / Win10 Pro
    HTPC: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.2ghz / 8gb DDR3 1333 / Evga 750ti / Win8.1 Home
    Laptop: Lenovo G50-45 / AMD A8-6410 / 8gb DDR3 1866 / Win10 Home

Quote Originally Posted by md300
    Im with Solo... He did exactly what he should have... hijacking threads is never the best way to get help, and calling good longstanding members jerks for following standard protocol isnt the best way to get along either...
    And on a side note, you gave fairly poor advice anyway...
    Why spend money on a tester he doesnt need and then waste time replacing parts he probably doesnt have...
    Once he begins his own thread he can get some real help

well I disagree first answere his question and ask him to maybe start new thread but if you answere his question then one less promblem. why gett a tester well simple he will then know weather its his power supplie and not another componet

I dont know if this has been said but i would like to say dont use PowerTek PSU becouse it is made by PowMax. Mine just went dead and it has been acting up for the past month.
    AMD 64 3200+, 200gb HD , 500gb Ext HD, K8N Pro motherboard, 1gig ram and much more!

GeForce power supply

I've been having a really hard time finding a power supply for my GeForce 7800 gt oc. It has a minimum system requirments of 400watt power supply with a 26a or more rating on 12v.

After looking at about 50 different power supplys I found only 2 that had 26a rating or higher. One is here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...332&CatId=1079

but Im not sure if I want to buy that one because its so cheap and some peopel say that Ultra is not a good brand.

I called the bfg tech support and they just recomend their own product
    http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=214480

What do you guys think about that? the price isnt bad but is it a good product? I know they make good graphics cards but that doesnt mean their power supplys are good quality.

The main reason why I dont really want the GeForce one is because it has only a 3 year warranty while their other two power supplys which i dont think are on the market yet both have lifetime warrantys http://www.bfgtech.com/power_supply_530W.html

http://www.bfgtech.com/power_supply_600W.html

It just makes me think that the 550 watt one isnt made as well as the ones with the lifetime warranty.

What do you guys think?

Also, if anyone can help me find a power supply with atleast 400 watt and atelast a 26a rating on 12v and that doesnt cost too much I would really really appreciate it.

Don't forget there is a new standard call ATX12V v2.0 where there are dual +12v rails. This FSP 450w PSU has two 18a 12v rails, so it's actually 32a.

Quote Originally Posted by JLK03F150
    Don't forget there is a new standard call ATX12V v2.0 where there are dual +12v rails. This FSP 450w PSU has two 18a 12v rails, so it's actually 32a.
    yeah thanks, I thought I heard that somewhere and when I asked the geeksquad guy about it he says it doesnt double, that its just a differnt kind of connection. I asked him like 3 times "are you sure?" and he brought me thru the store and looked at all the power supplys and said that Best Buy doesnt sell a power supply to power the card they sold me that requires 26a rating on 12v.

So then I went back home and called BFG tech support and after 30 minutes of waiting they told me that duel 12v rail means you can add up boths sides amp ratings to total the amount required for the card.

After that I went back to Best Buy and bought the same Antec 430 watt with duel 17a +12v rail that the idiotsquad guy told me wouldnt cut it about an hour ago.

It was 89.99 incase anyone wants to know but I got 15% off for it being an accessory with my computer. I dont see warranty written on the box anywhere like some other psu's I saw but I hear Antec is a good brand so I picked one up anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nubienoob
    idiotsquad guy
    I had a feeling, now it's been confirmed. lol

Glad you got it squared away. I have two Antec power supplies & they have served me well.

Quote Originally Posted by nubienoob
    yeah thanks, I thought I heard that somewhere and when I asked the geeksquad guy about it he says it doesnt double, that its just a differnt kind of connection. I asked him like 3 times "are you sure?" and he brought me thru the store and looked at all the power supplys and said that Best Buy doesnt sell a power supply to power the card they sold me that requires 26a rating on 12v.

So then I went back home and called BFG tech support and after 30 minutes of waiting they told me that duel 12v rail means you can add up boths sides amp ratings to total the amount required for the card.

After that I went back to Best Buy and bought the same Antec 430 watt with duel 17a +12v rail that the idiotsquad guy told me wouldnt cut it about an hour ago.

It was 89.99 incase anyone wants to know but I got 15% off for it being an accessory with my computer. I dont see warranty written on the box anywhere like some other psu's I saw but I hear Antec is a good brand so I picked one up anyways.
    I have the same set up, the bfg 7800 gt oc and antecs true power 430 watt psu still in the box. can someone give a follow up on the performace of this set up? Cant install it til christmas day lol.

Installed the card and the psu today and all I can say is wow. No problems and KA graphics.

Hey guys I have this PS:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817153006.
    I am having issues with my 9800Pro. I'm thinking its not getting enough power. My questions is about the +12V rail. It's rating is 18A which is fine right? Looking through the manual for the PS it has a 4pin +12v connector. Would that be the one I need to hook up to the video card?If so I need to purchase a adapter for it because the video card has the standard 4pin like cd-roms have.Or would the standard peripheral connector like those hooked to harddrives and cd-roms be fine. I know this might be a noob question but am trying to rule out the problems.
    Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information