+ Reply to Thread

"Si3112r.sys could not be found" during xp setup

ok i wanna reinstall WinXp home BUT i goto XP install setup in DOS-mode and i get a message saying "Si3112r.sys could not be found" then it won't let me install xp unless i find this driver. I don't know where to find this driver. Please look in my profile where i wrote my system #1 specs. I really need help. People telling me to reinsatll Xp but i can't because of this error message. Note that: i have an Seagate SCSI-based HDD. loading windows xp setup it says on the bottom saying something with F6 to install SCSI or RAID drivers and please insert Floppy (A). Please help me. Am i scewed or this can be easily repaired without paying some goof $100 to fix this small or large problem. Please take the time to give me step-by-step instructions. If you know how to do this problem please reply.

that's wierd. The silicon image 3112 is a SATA controller chip. I used to have that exact chip in fact, and it's not a SCSI chip.

Do you have SATA in your system? btw i didn't see anything in your profile. If it's in your signature i won't see it since i have sigs disabled.

srry about that. I copied my thread from another Forum which contained my profile. Ok thanks for replying. My system specs are:
    Alienware
    AMD64 Athlon 3200+ @2.0ghz
    Asus K8VSE Deluxe
    Corsair 512mb ram
    ATi Radeon 9600xt AGP @128mb updated
    Sound Blaster 6.1 Audigy2 updated
    Seagate 80gb SCSI Disk Drive
    Lite-on 16X DVD/Lite-on 52X 32X 52X CD-RW
    Windows XP Home sp1 updated

Don't know if it's SATA or IDE. Would it say in the Device manger in system properties?
    Last edited by PJthyPisces2004; October 26th, 2004 at 12:14 AM.

Under Device Manager in System Properties it says exaclty this:

<-SCSI and RAID Host Controller
    <-SCSI/RAID Host Controller
    <-VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller
    <-WinXP Promise FastTrack 378 (tm) Controller
    <-WinXP Promise RAID Console SCSI Processor Device

I hope that determines what i have?

hmm...well you don't have a silicon image SATA controller...which shouldn't matter anyways since you have a SCSI drive (SCSI is neither SATA or standard IDE, but it's own format). I don't know why your getting that error because i remember that the cd doesn't come with the silicon image drivers, and you don't have any hardware that would use it anyways.

are you pressing F6 when windows starts up and sticking in a driver floppy?

I have a formatted floppy in handy WITHOUT drivers in it. I don't know where to get the drivers and don't know what drivers to put in it. You know?

hmm...well i re-read your first post again and i might have an idea.

are you booting into dos using a boot floppy and then trying to start the XP install? or are you booting directly from the cd?

the thing is that you shouldn't need that driver because it's for a piece of hardware you don't have.

In any case you can get the driver from here Their site uses frames and so sucks to link to. just click on the "SiI3x12: Serial ATA (SATA) Windows IDE Driver - Released" link and you should see a link for a driver labeled "3112A_x86_win_idvr-12057.zip" on the side. note that this site won't work in anything but IE from what i've tried. In the zip file is one labeled "si3112.sys". Try renaming it to include the 'r' and hopefully that will get work.

I still can't explain why it's having problems with this file...but hopefully this will work.

Ok thanks for helping me on the Si3112r.sys problem. I put those files on a floppy and that step worked. NOW it has another message "S875raid.sys could not be found". Now i gotta find this damn driver, any links?

You should have those drivers on the mobo disc I think. Or get them from the asus site.

I checked and the drivers is not on the mobo cd. I checked the website for drivers, they don't have my motherboard drivers. Don't know if others work

hey i got an idea....

i have an old 30gb IDE HDD with Windows ME installed on it. Maybe i could make the 30gig (IDE) the master and my 80gig (SCSI) the slave and format the 30gig and put Windows XP home on it and make my (SCSI) my extra driver with no OS. Is that possible? If so what do i have to do in the BIOS? Any advice?

So i can use the 30gig (IDE) for the OS installed and my 80gb (SCSI) for files can be stored. Please reply if it's possible.

I checked that motherboard and it does not support SCSI. Are you using a SCSI pci controller card? What is the model number of your hard drive?

my Seaget HDD model # is: ST380013AS SCSI Disk Device

Your hard drive, Seagate ST380013AS, is a SATA drive not SCSI. Go to this wbsite
    http://www.asus.com/support/download...eluxe&Type=All and download this file 378raid_100137.zip. After you have downloaded and unzipped it you will find a make disk utility. Run that and it will put the drivers you need to a floppy disk. Install XP and press F6 when asked. XP will continue to load then it will ask for the floppy with the drivers on it. Put in the floppy you made and it will load the drivers for you.

I downloaded the drivers and made the disk (which worked) BUT still prompting for the s875raid.sys driver.

Pressed F6 and inserted the si3112r.sys Disk and then inserted Fastrack disk (drivers you told me to get). everything okay and i load the xp setup and still prompts for the s875raid.sys driver.
    Last edited by PJthyPisces2004; October 26th, 2004 at 05:48 PM.

These are the files I used when installing the sata drivers for my a7n8x.

Si3112r.inf
    Si3112r.mpd
    Si3112r.sys
    SIISUPP.VXD
    TxtSetup.oem

I just out them all on the floppy and pressed F6 when prompted.

try not inserting the si3112r.sys disk and just the fasttrack disk. it's possible that the first is trying to find the missing file.

This PC is an Alienware and i still have one-year warranty. Shouldn't the company have these drivers? I call their Tech-support and most of them don't speak plain english! They don't know NOTHING about computer tech problems! I'm freakin' out! Maybe you could help me fix this instead if the reinstall is not gonna work...

OK, my PC loads WINDOWSXPhome and it hangs for a big while and i press ALT-CTRL-DEL and i see that "explorer.exe" is running at 99% and slowing my PC way down, so i END process "explorer.exe" and i get my speed back BUT i have no Taskbar/Start Menu/Desktop Icons showing. So i press New Task and put up "explorer.exe" again. After putiing explorer up again i get my start menu/taskbar/desktop icons up showing again BUT if i open any Application or My Documents etc... Explorer shoots right up to %99 again then PC slow again. Please help me either figure out to reinstall or fix this explorer.exe problem. I just want my PC to run again. I think it's a virus! Before i rebooted i used System Mechanics Pro 5 to defrag BUT it didn't finish defragging because of "Not Responding" and after that i defragged the windows way and i rebooted then i got the explorer.exe problem. I have an Hijack this log if that helps you guys out. So this is the reason that i wanna reinstrall windows xp. Thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
    Scan saved at 3:59:39 PM, on 10/27/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\gearsec.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Raposo\My Documents\Lil' Programs\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BootSkin Startup Jobs] "C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\WINCUS~1\BootSkin\BootSkin.e xe" /StartupJobs
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadReg] IEautoUpdate.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - Startup: desktop(2).ini
    O4 - Global Startup: desktop(2).ini
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\lspak.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\calsp.dll

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information