+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HP Pavillion Laptop ze4220 won't turn on

Just like the title says it won't turn on, I was using it while plugged in with it on my lap and suddenly it just turned off. After that it wouldn't turn on again, AC adaptor still seems to work because the light ont he adaptor still turns on. Battery never worked, since I bought it from my sister so I've been pluggin it in. So far I've took the battery out disconnected the ac and held the power button for 30 secs, according to HP's support website its supposed to discharge the power or something. But that doesn't seem to work neither.

i have same problem with my area 51 laptop. who can help us??? wont turn on!!!

Thumbs up Same here!

I am glad to see I am not the only one. I have a HP Pavillion 4200 that is doing the exact same thing Battery is being charged when plugged in (yellow light appears) but the laptop itself will not power up. Have either of you found a fix? Thanks in advance for your time

Smile hp pavillion ze 4805wm laptop won't power on

Hey all..I have a pavillion ze4805wm laptop with AMD Athlon 2800+ processor which is only 16 months old, it worked fine one day and the next I hit the power button and got HP logo page and nothing else..after re-booting it powered on(power button lights,caps lock etc) but no lights on the front panel which shows ac power,hdd activity, and battery! Also no screen power or keyboard response..as if it,s stuck in hibernation..after 8 hrs on the phone with HP to no avail.. um thinking either pcu, or motherboard or both..

anyone have any ideas..thanks in advance

on the bottom of the laptop there is a rest button remove the power supply and the battery and hold the rest button down for 15 seconds minimum then put the battery back in and hook up the poweer supply it will then boot on

Quote Originally Posted by mrcapone View Post
    on the bottom of the laptop there is a rest button remove the power supply and the battery and hold the rest button down for 15 seconds minimum then put the battery back in and hook up the poweer supply it will then boot on

Thank you sooooo much. I've been banging my head for the past two and a half hours trying to get my laptop to work and then stumbled upon this page. I was convinced that my RAM had become unseated, but after trying to re-seat it time and time again, I still couldn't get it to work. You just made my day!

I can't find rest button on hp dv2001tx

Thanks

Thank you!! I didn't have a sleep button on the bottom(HP g60 442OM). However, I Held down the power button on the top (which is also the sleep button on mine) and it worked. So glad I found this post... and had a spare laptop.

Thanks

Hp G60 Laptop wouldn't power up

This happened to my HP G60 running Windows 7. Held the power button for 15 seconds after removing the battery and unplugging from Charger. After waiting 15+ seconds, nothing will happen. You must then put the batter back in and plug back in and then hit the power button.
    This should get you back in the game.

good

good solution thanks

Wink

thank you so much. I have been messing with this since last night
    Last edited by laualy; January 2nd, 2010 at 06:30 PM.

My wife's laptop has been sittiing for a year thinking the motherboard was gone. Stumbled onto this and now it's working! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hpg60 View Post
    Thank you!! I didn't have a sleep button on the bottom(HP g60 442OM). However, I Held down the power button on the top (which is also the sleep button on mine) and it worked. So glad I found this post... and had a spare laptop.

Thanks
    Just press the ON/OFF button for 15 seconds on my dv27900 HP when it wouldn't turn on.

I took out my battery (theres a latch on the bottom)
    Took out the power cord

Pressed the ON/OFF button for 15-20 seconds.

Replaced everything and VIOLA !

Thanks!

Talking Thank You!

I don't know who you are but GOD BLESS YOU! lol ... I just got off the phone with someone from "HP Software Support" that wouldn't help me until I bought a $139 software warranty. I told him he could keep his support. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

ps. Is there something actually wrong with the computer that makes it do this: not be able to turn on?

Question My Lap Top Won't Boot

Does this apply also to the HP Pavilion dv5 -1138nr Entertainment Notebook PC? If so I am having trouble finding this button? When I press my power button the top strip of lights next to the power button all come on for a quick second and then nothing happens. The power light also comes on at the bottom but same thing quick second and nothing? Any Solutions? Thanks.

Wink life saver...well almost

Quote Originally Posted by hpg60 View Post

Thanks
    Thankyou!! New laptop for bookkeeping and I was afraid I had lost everything. Again, Thanks.

Thumbs up Hp G60-535DX

Quote Originally Posted by casius109 View Post
    This happened to my HP G60 running Windows 7. Held the power button for 15 seconds after removing the battery and unplugging from Charger. After waiting 15+ seconds, nothing will happen. You must then put the batter back in and plug back in and then hit the power button.
    This should get you back in the game.
    This worked like magic, thank you SO much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe2me View Post
    Does this apply also to the HP Pavilion dv5 -1138nr Entertainment Notebook PC? If so I am having trouble finding this button? When I press my power button the top strip of lights next to the power button all come on for a quick second and then nothing happens. The power light also comes on at the bottom but same thing quick second and nothing? Any Solutions? Thanks.
    I also have a dv6 series and am having similar problems with this person (except the power button doesn't come on at all). Does anyone know if the button exists on these series? Holding the power button for 30 seconds did not fix mine. Could there be a different issue?

Red face

Let me add my thanks for this answer! When this issue came up with my computer tonight, my life passed before my eyes, but now everything is OK, thanks to you. Yesterday, my car wouldn't start and my air conditioning went out, so I was really prepared for the worst. Thank you thank you thank you!

Unhappy HP Pavilion tx2009AU...dead?

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion tx2009AU. The problem I have started a while back, It's using a charger which says "REPLACE WITH HP CHARGER" I'm guessing its a Replacement for the original, I bought this from my Uncle. Its a Touch-screen laptop, I had it on one day and then the screen turned into a silver and white colour along with random colours in a vertical line, if I had music on it would still be playing if that thing with the screen happened. It would heat up quite a bit in under 5 minutes, I've had the blue screen come up 3 times, though it was because I had to force a Blue screen on it to reset some settings and re-install. Now when i go to turn it on the lights turn on but on its standard setting:
    Wireless connection light: Orange
    Power (lightning shape) light: Blue which indicates Full power
    Power (casual G like shape) light: Blue indicating it is getting power
    Mute light: Orange
    all other lights: Blue
    Screen: Black/Off
    HDD noise: sounds like its on, I can hear a whirring noise which is the HDD Disk is spinning like it should
    CPU or something fan at the top right of the keyboard, not screen: On, slowly heating which to me shows the whatever is on is getting power.
    Web cam light: off
    To me this looks all ok other than the screen not comming up and no noise for the Vista OS, If it was normal and everything worked perfectly i would see the Wireless light turn blue from startup.
    Anyone have any idea what i should do? or what can be done? Help Please

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information