I have three of these boat anchors. One was blinking so bad that I connected an external monitor. Otherwise it's OK.

The second was running OK and then just up and died one day. The video card reports "no signal" which tells me the mobo or cpu is dead. I've seen one machine with a fried P4 chip...

The third one had a dying HD. I removed the drive to back up the stuff and then I pulled the PS cables off the mobo. The yellow line on the fat connector(not the 4 conductor PS2 connector - the 20 or so pin connector - near the fans) was obviously running soooo hot that it scorched the plastic on the connector. Didn't melt thru, but it was all brown and deformed. It could be a dirty connection, a lousy connector, or maybe the yellows on the PS2 connector were dirty and therefore more juice was running thru this yellow line.

I cleaned the connectors (all of them) with spray electrical cleaner and it's been fine since.

So far..

For now...

Piece of junk...

And now when I unplug the machine overnight, the CMOS battery must be dead. I have to reset the clock every time. Argh. The battery is in pretty deep.