+ Reply to Thread

Windows - System Error: There is an IP Address Conflict with another system....

I am getting an error pop up from the system tray. Which says:

Windows - System Error

There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.

I have windows xp home sp2. I have a Linksys router BEFSR41 and a Links wireless acess point (WAP11). This error is coming up on my desk top computer. The only other computer i have on my network is my laptop which connects wirelessly and i do not get that error.

Can someone give me some ideas as to what i need to do to resolve this conflict.

Thanks in advance!!!

zen
    Its easy. One of the four devices has the same ip address. Check all four!

change the ip address on your desktop to something else.... im assuming its in the 192.168 range.... so make it something like 192.168.0.45 ... or sumthing of the sort... should solve your problem either that or release and renew it if you dont want a static..... jsut go to start > run > type cmd from the command prompt type ipconfig /release then hit enter.... when that finishes hit the up arrow and make the "release" into "renew" then hit enter.... or you can simply go to your network connections, riught click the local area connection your using and click repair... should do all that automatically.
    Last edited by RamseyC; December 22nd, 2006 at 11:17 AM.

alrighty guys i will try that and then report back!!

thanks and haooy holidays !!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by djm1k0 View Post

Windows - System Error

I have windows xp home sp2. I have a Linksys router BEFSR41 and a Links wireless acess point (WAP11). This error is coming up on my desk top computer. The only other computer i have on my network is my laptop which connects wirelessly and i do not get that error.

Can someone give me some ideas as to what i need to do to resolve this conflict.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Disable DHCP on the router. I can't envision a setup where both a router and an AP are needed, but if so, disable DHCP on the router and that'll do it....

is my computer conflicting with itself?

hello. I have 2 wireless pcs and one laptop, the laptop uses the linksys card supplied with a WAP54G router, and the computers Belkin Wireless G USB adapters. I have a WAP54G router and a Belkin range extender. On one pc i get the message telling me i have an ip address conflict. Its ip was 192.168.1.64 . I realised this is the default address for my adapters so i changed it to 192.168.1.181 (because I know i don't use it- my router is at 192.168.1.1 my extender at 192.168.1.100, my pcs at 192.168.1.6X (or 3X) ). Then the "there is an ip adress conflict..." message appeared again! Why is it doing this? Is it conflicting with itself? Is it connecting to both the router and the range extender? Is my adapter broken?

Unhappy still not found cause of conflict

I have gone through all settings and all IP adsresses manually- no device i have is even anywhere near 192.168.1.181. Rechanged IP and pinged the address, and nothing! What is wrong with my pc? Also, no other pc, not even the other pc with the same adapter, will give an ip conflict. Also tried adapter in my non wireless laptop that is spare. still no conflict! What have i done wrong?

Set your computer back to DHCP or Obtain and IP automaticly. Check the IP Range in your Router and AP settings. Make sure the ranges don't overlap. LIke set one to ..1.1 to ...1.100 and the other to ..1.101 to ..1.200. That should solve your problem.

Assigning an IP to a particular computer can be difficult in some cases and usually not worth the trouble.

Power off all your computers, completely power them back up one at a time and let them get new IP Adresses.

Let me know how it goes.

Nick

I have windows xp home sp2). This error is coming up on my desk top computer. The only other computer i have on my network is connects via switch. my system is server useing as a internet server too

Thanks in advance!!!

Exclamation ip address conflict

Windows - System Error

Thanks in advance!!!

Windows - System Error

Thanks in advance!!!

Exclamation

At my office we have around 30 computers (windows/windows xp OS) around 6 ethernet switches, 2 routers, I get the windows system error message in almost all PCs. Physically checked the IP of all systems, NO ip clash found. how to I get out the problem

windows system error

I m new user of the compter I have problem, ip address,thank you very much

reboot your router wait 60 sec and power up

Windows - System Error

Thanks in advance!!!

unplug your router for 60 sec and power up. You do not need to reboot your system. But, if you like you could. It works for me. This is the only known solution for my ip address conflict. release/renew did work for me. Try it YOU never know.

Sat. Connection

Had the ip conflict error myself. Tried everything. Talked to internet company, thy said it was my computer. Called the IT guy with the company I work for, he said it was internet system. Finally found the problem. My dish network boxes are connected to my wireless router. Once I unplugged it my computer had no conflicts. Hope this helps someone

well, all u need to manually configure your IP address in each system, so that this conflict cannot happen again.
    To set manually IP you need to know the following:
    Default gateway.
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS: (optional)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information