+ Reply to Thread

Question Trouble logging in on my Verbatim USB drive...

I've haven't been able to log into my Verbatim 2GB USB Drive. I've never had troubles before today, and even though it still brings up the screen where you're suppose to click to log in, it won't let me. When I click on where I'm suppose to log in, it brings up an error message that says F:/VSafe100Vista.exe is not a valid Win 32 application. It usually shows a lock picture next to the font before you log in, but all it shows is a windows, no lock. I haven't done anything with it since yesterday, and when I tried logging into it today, it wouldn't work. I don't have the documents on it backed up either, and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix it so I don't lose hundreds of documents.

I never had problems with this USB drive before, but now I'm at a loss of what to do.

VSafe may be corrupted. Try downloading a fresh copy to replace the "invalid" VSafe100Vista.exe on the public side of your drive.
    http://www.verbatim.com/downloads.cfm
    To be safe, first copy the old version to your hard drive.
    Last edited by Ol'Tunzafun; December 8th, 2007 at 03:52 PM.

I'll try that...

Ok thank you...I will try that out and see what happens. I saved a copy to my hard drive...Will I ever be able to get all those documents off of the corrupt vsafe file then? Why did it become corrupt?

THANK YOU!

Thank you sooo much. I did what you told me, and it worked. I have all my documents still intact. If it wasn't for you I would have lost all that information.

Glad that worked out for you.
    Flash drives are inherently unreliable storage devices. Critical files should be backed up. If you need something similar to Vsafe for your hard drive, try TrueCrypt.
    http://www.truecrypt.org/

ezo

Similar problem

I have a similar problem. I have the red store'n'go 2gb from verbatim, and on my xp machine, when i try to login it says windows has encountered a problem and needs to end. I cannot even get to the login screen.

On my vista laptop i get a message sayn that security application on store'n'go has stopped working and i will be notified if there is a solution.

This is very frustrating, bought this a few days ago, been working fine, just stopped workin today it seems.

Any suggestions? I have tried putting a fresh version of vsafe100vista, no luck. it tells me to put the usb drive in or be on a user that has permissions to do this, both of which are done.

ezo

Similar problem

double post accident whups!

Corrupt file

I copied an mp4 file to my Verbatim 2GB StoreNGo. It copied fine. I unplugged the flash drive and plugged on another computer but when I tried playing the file, the player (QuickTime) says the file is corrupt. I plugged back into original computer and got the same corrupt result. The original file on the hard drive plays fine. Now I replaced the file on the storengo with the original and tried playing and it played fine from the storengo, but when I unplugged and then replugged the flash drive it seems the file gets corrupted somehow. I am now wary of using this flash drive to store files.
    BTW, some other files that I copied on to the drive, remained OK, but there was another .wmv file that also got corrupted. I have been correctly stopping the device before unplugging. My OS is XP sp2. Also, I have other USB flash drives I use and they work fine. Never had this problem before. Does anybody know if there is an issue with these drives corrupting certain file formats? I would appreciate your input.

Verbatim USB Drives

Me too.

I purchased a 1GB Verbatim USB Drive.
    It worked without apparent problem for a week or so.

Suddenly, one day I found that the contents of the drive were totally unreadable,

...and most peculiarly, the drive showed a capacity of 2.99GB.
    ...and will now only format with that capacity.

A strange situation.

J

login to vsafe is missing

i cant get to the log in menu on my 2gb verbatim zip drive, it is missing and when i set it up i maxed out the size of the passworded portion so now im stuck mith a 200 mb drive

Help

I also have a problem.
    When I try to open the files, the my computer window loads slowly and then I get an error saying to put in a disk for removable disk G (the verbatim flashdrive)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information