+ Reply to Thread

My microphone is not working on my desktop?

Hi my microphone is not working when i speak into it on my desktop. I have put the line in jack and the mic jack right place but it still does not work. I thought it was the driver but the one i have "realtek ac97 audio" which already provides the sound which i listen regularly through my headphones is fine.

I went into the control panel and tried to test it out with speech but nothing comes up. I have checked the volume to make sure it is high but whenever i speak into the speech in the control panel nothing comes up.

So i tried a headset microphone then i tried it with a microphone brand new bought from the shop and it still does not work.

Can someone please help me.

My PC configuration:
    computer
    Amd athlon(tm) xp 2000+
    1.67ghz 480mb of ram

system
    microsoft windows
    xp professional 2002
    service pack2

Can someone please give me some advice or recommend a forum where they can help me out please

Blog Entries
    Welcome to TechIMO. Go into the Control Panel, and there should be an icon there for Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager (or something like that). When the program comes up, click on the mixer tab. On the bottom part of the mixer (recording) make sure that the microphone is checked for input. On the upper part of the mixer (playback) there should be a slider for the Frontmic...make sure that the mute button is checked so you won't get any feedback from your speakers. If you need to there should be a button next to the mute button on the Frontmic slider that says advanced. When it opens check the microphone boost box to give you +10db of volume from the microphone. Test your microphone out, and let us know what happens.

cant fond it

Hi i cant see Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager i see Sound Effect Manager but i dont see the the mixer tab.

Also when you Start|Programs|Accessories| Entertainment|Volume Control and look at the microphone which is high on my part and click advanced does the bass and treble suppose to be disabled and set to low.

Also is it advisable to use drivermax to update my drivers.

Oh i will download Hi i cant see Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager i see Sound Effect Manager but i dont see the the mixer tab.

ok i will download realtek high definition Audio driver r2.02 from this site Realtek HD Audio 2.02 driver download from Guru3D.com and see if it works.

Also does it make a diffrence if you use a usb microphone instead of the plug in jack heaphone mic that i am currently using

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw2001it View Post
    Welcome to TechIMO. Go into the Control Panel, and there should be an icon there for Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager (or something like that). When the program comes up, click on the mixer tab. On the bottom part of the mixer (recording) make sure that the microphone is checked for input. On the upper part of the mixer (playback) there should be a slider for the Frontmic...make sure that the mute button is checked so you won't get any feedback from your speakers. If you need to there should be a button next to the mute button on the Frontmic slider that says advanced. When it opens check the microphone boost box to give you +10db of volume from the microphone. Test your microphone out, and let us know what happens.

thanks for the info it is working now i just used a usb microphone and it solved my problem

same problem

i have the exact same problem and i dont have hi def audio real tek sound manager i only have regular soun effect manager but i have a usb mic as well and its not working...or i can get it to work then when i turn my comp off it wont work again whats going on??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information