+ Reply to Thread

How to fix AOL Email problem

I have AOL Email.
    My Emails come to me but when I go to read them, I only see the picture (icon) of a letter under "type". Next to it is blank. As a matter of fact the page is blank with exceptions of the little letters along the right, under "type" If I click "open" to read the Email it will let me view the Email but I cannot reply or forward any emails. Also if I scroll over the AOL Mailbox icon for "Mail Quick review' I get the message "An error has occurred while trying to access your new email. Please try again later". Help, what should I do?

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just to clarify here are you logging in using the AOL software or some other way? Can you access your mail through http://webmail.aol.com

AOL has their own proprietary software so your best bet is likely going to be contacting their customer service for support.
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

Quote Originally Posted by carleyishappy View Post
    I have AOL Email.
    My Emails come to me but when I go to read them, I only see the picture (icon) of a letter under "type". Next to it is blank. As a matter of fact the page is blank with exceptions of the little letters along the right, under "type" If I click "open" to read the Email it will let me view the Email but I cannot reply or forward any emails. Also if I scroll over the AOL Mailbox icon for "Mail Quick review' I get the message "An error has occurred while trying to access your new email. Please try again later". Help, what should I do?
    I am having the same problem-----I have reloaded 9.0 VR but with no change-HELP

Hi, GatorBFB:

Welcome to TechIMO.

Other than reinstalling AOL, what have you tried? Can you access your mail through AOL.com - Welcome to AOL

AOL E-mail Problem

I have AOL Email.
    I'm having the same problem.
    Is there a solution?

an error occurred

just happened to me. go into aol trouble shooting and follow the instructions for backing up your pfc and then compacting it. did that and whoolah, new email is readable.

Smile Lost AOL mail found- it worked for me

I backed up and compacted just like the post above said. The compacting took awhile...but all is good now and is faster...thanks!!

I have AOL Email.

Quote Originally Posted by kjwawb View Post
    just happened to me. go into aol trouble shooting and follow the instructions for backing up your pfc and then compacting it. did that and whoolah, new email is readable.
    I really need help! I'm having the exact same problems, but I'm not tech savvy, and need step by step instructions on how to backing up pfc and compact it. I tried backing up, but that didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Angry Disappearing messages

We have a similar problem,with 2 different aol.accounts. Once an e-mail is opened, it just disappears - doesn't matter whether we save it, forward, keep as new, etc. When we close it, it's just gone (not in new mail, old mail, recently deleted, etc). Also doesn't matter whether it's aol9.5 or aol.com. Is any one else having this problem, and do you ever recover the messages?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information