+ Reply to Thread

Problem With LightScribe DVD Drive!

About 2 years ago, I got an HP Pavilion PC, with a LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/CD-Writer. When I first got the PC, the drive was working great, I was able to watch DVDs on the computer, play games, listen to music, but then after about a year and a half, it started going really bad.

It either didn't read DVDs, or it read them but the movie was really really laggy so it wasn't worth it. When I put in game discs, the computer fan would race up, the green light would flash a few times, then nothing. But then recently, some games have started working.

I bought the StarCraft Battle Chest a little while ago, and it works great, although sometimes it wont read so I take the disc out, put it back in and it works. I tried Age of Empires and that worked, and then I bought Halo: Combat Evolved, and that didn't work at all. And now today I bought the Diablo Battle Chest, and put that in and it doesn't work!

It's really frustrating! I spend all this money on games, and then they don't work! I checked the hardware manager and the DVD drive came up as "HP DVD Writer 840b", and it says that everything is working perfectly. Please help me out I'm desperate!

Replace the drive already. It's like $30. You don't have to buy an HP drive. You can get a Lite-On for beans.
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information