+ Reply to Thread

computer won't boot up after showing BIOS

HI, i have stupid problem...

when i turn on my computer, it shows my computer's brand's name (HP) (the blue screen :]) and im guessing that's the BIOS screen? maybe not? im not sure... but yeah after that screen, the screen turns black, and u know how windows supppsoed to load? it doesn't...

it just stays on the black screen... and i don't think my computer is processing anything cuz i don't hear or see my computer working. the led light? doesn't flicker. it just stays black.

the problem started out like this... i got a virus... but i didn't treat it right away.. and after few days or weeks it became a serious problem.

it gave me all these pop ups and opened up my files and ran random "anti virus" programs on the computer. my desktop background picture even changed lol...

and then i tried to boot into safemode, but i couldn't getinto the safemode, and when my computer loaded, it crashed on me, so i forced the computer off by holding the power button.

THEN after, when i turend on the computer, the problem i described above happened... and it still is :[.

im really hoping it's not a motherboard problem... i mean i didn't even open the case... but im afraid that my forced turning off the computer may have caused the shortcircuit ??? if that's possible... iono..

im planning to use the windows CD boot to reinstall the windows cuz i think it's the virus that's not letting me load... but im afraid the problem is the motherboard and my solution woulnd't work :[

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER :[

it would be really nice if u guys could help me... thanks

You should try this tool first:

Avira AntiVir Rescue System

If no joy, it costs nothing except for time to reinstall Windows. You can boot from the CD, format the drive and reinstall Windows. You need to use a genuine version of Windows so that you can get all updates and service packs. You must keep up on updates and use antivirus and antispyware programs at all times.
    If you need to save some data from the drive, there are many ways to do that. Here's one:

Ultimate Boot CD - Overview
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

i tried that Avir Antivir Rescue System just now...
    i scanned my computer using Avir Antivir Rescue System but the scan result was nothing was wrong cuz it didn't find any bad files or even suspect files.
    but search gave me these errors:
    *checking the master boot record of drive128
    error(123): cannot read record
    *checking the master boot record of drive129
    error(25): cannot read record
    *auto excluding /sys/ from scans (is a special fs)
    auto excluding /proc from scans (is a special fs)

maybe it didn't find anything bad cuz it excluded those two things?

well because that didnt' work, i tried to reinstall the windows using windows cd, but when i boot from cd, screen shows me message "setting up installationg?" something with setting up... but then it turns into blank black page... just like the problem im having right now...

:[ reinstalling from cd doesn't work cuz i cn'at even load from cd... any solutions..?

It seems more like your hard drive failed.
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill View Post
    It seems more like your hard drive failed.
    umm.. right now.,. im on the computer that was having trouble...

im using ubuntu cd to run the computer right now,,, from the cd

so basically im using linux right now

but this means that my mobo is fine... since my cmoputer booted right??

and i dont think it's my harddrive that failed since i was able to load computer with ubuntu and im able to get on firefox and do stuff??

iono... what's wrong with freaking windows... :[

Ubuntu runs from the CD and creates a RAM drive for C. That is no assurance that your hard drive is healthy. Look at the hard drives in Ubuntu. If you only see two (the RAM drive and the DVD drive), your hard drive has issues.
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

Ubuntu runs from the CD and creates a RAM drive for C. That is no assurance that your hard drive is healthy. Look at the hard drives in Ubuntu. If you only see two (the RAM drive and the DVD drive), your hard drive has issues.
    mm...

i installed the ubuntu linux

and it works fine now.. and i kinda like it lol.. so i think ill stick with it :]

but im still curoius about the problem i had with windows...

do you still think it's hard drive proble?

im not sure because everything works perfect, and when i look at my drives, i can see everything :]

thanks for your replies.

You installed Ubuntu or you booted from the CD? There is a huge difference.

Honestly, installing Ubuntu is not going to save you when things inevitably mess up again. You *must* start backing up your data.
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

You installed Ubuntu or you booted from the CD? There is a huge difference.

Honestly, installing Ubuntu is not going to save you when things inevitably mess up again. You *must* start backing up your data.
    uh.. i tried it first with cd, then i installed it cuz it was only thing that made my comptuer work lol...

how do i back up my data on ubuntu?

Dude, you need to reinstall Windows. You know very little about Linux. As good as Ubuntu is, you're going to "hit the wall" really fast with it. Beyond that point, you will be lost.

Once Windows is reinstalled, updated and working, use this.

Free Drive Backup Express - disk backup software

It's free. If you had been using it before, you wouldn't be in this pickle now.
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

Dude, you need to reinstall Windows. You know very little about Linux. As good as Ubuntu is, you're going to "hit the wall" really fast with it. Beyond that point, you will be lost.

Once Windows is reinstalled, updated and working, use this.

Free Drive Backup Express - disk backup software

It's free. If you had been using it before, you wouldn't be in this pickle now.
    Well.. yeah linux is kinda of complicatedd. i already found that out as i was trying to mess with it and see how it's composed of. but hey it's kinda fun actually ;] i might as well learn how to use it ... u know??

i already got what i need to do on computer already on linuxx so it doesn't pose any problem for me :]

but the windows.. i couldn't even load/reinstall it from cd ... so i have no idea how to install windows..

BUT i think if i try again, it might work... cuz i think when i intstalled linux, it somewhat formatted the c-drive... i think...
    and that might somewhat help me lol...

thanks for your help :]

i installed avira antivirus yesterday on another computer and used it to check for viruses and there were none at all but there were 20 warnings which were not explained in detail.
    I tried to boot up my computer this morning and it seem dead.
    There is no boot up screen and the hard drive light just remains on and the computer cant be switched off using the switch and has to unpluged to turn off.
    This is the first time I have even seen something like this ever.
    Regards
    Don
    vk2dw@tsn.cc

Hi there. What does it mean when BOOTMGR is missing?Someone please help.I got a nother hardrive and now this mesage appears.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You need to start your own thread that way you will get more attention.

How To Fix the BOOTMGR is Missing Error in Windows 7 and Vista

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information