+ Reply to Thread

Angry NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS upgrade

A geek at a BEST BUY Geek Squad counter told me to upgrade my NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS device or graphics card or something (I'm not an experienced computer guy) because I don't have an adjust capability for my monitor which is actually a large screen SAMSUNG HDTV. I can only see the very top of my tool bar and the image is too wide. All attempts to make the image smaller so I can see the entire image have so far proved futile by using DISPLAY SETTINGS and changing the slider resolution tool. He suggested I try to find a dowloadable upgrade for my NVIDIA system that will enable me to adjust the image size so it best fits this fine TV. I watch Blu-ray movies on it and use it daily for my laptop monitor. Can you help? Have I provided enough information? My e-mail address is seaotter4@comcast.net
    Thanking you in advance I remain

Sincerely yours,
    DANIEL HAYES PEARSON

Hey Dan, Welcome to TechIMO

Unless you just like getting more spam emails (I know I already get enough on my comcast account), click the Edit button under your post & delete your email address.

What's the Samsung TV model # and what notebook are you using with blu-ray?
    What computer do you have? And please don't say a white one. - Sheldon Cooper

Hey JLKO3F150! Thanks for writing back. Not sure if my previous REPLY got through to you so I'll re-enter the information you requested about what hardware I'm using. My SAMSUNG TV model # is: LN37A550 and my laptop is an HP Pavilion dv5-1017 nr. I hope that's enough info. My problem, once again, is I can't adjust the image on my SAMSUNG TV which I'm using as a very large monitor. When my laptop came back from The Geek Squad it no longer responded to Display Settings when I tried to move the slider to lower the resolution; something I did in the past to change the image size. Now, I can't see the corners of the image or the bottom half of the toolbar on the bottom of the screen. Very frustrating as you may well imagine. I welcome any help you can offer, of course. Thanks again. Dan Pearson

That kinda sounds like you need to download and install the nvidia driver from HP.
    HP Pavilion dv5-1017nr Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
    What computer do you have? And please don't say a white one. - Sheldon Cooper

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information