+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ........

Hello Everyone,
    I have a DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop(around 3yrs. old) .......... motherboard - Foxconn G33M02 ...... it was working fine till yesterday but after having cleaned the system for dust and all ...... I again powered the system and it just woun't start i.e. even after pressing the power button(on the front side of the system), nothing happens i mean no fans moving,no light of any kind, no nothing. Although the Green LED under the power cable connector turns green (on the back side,Just below the power cable connector) after having attached the power cable to it. For having a look inside i opened the cabinet that found that the Orange LED is light up almost on the top right corner of the motherboard but nothing happens while i press the power button ..... and thus i'm fearing that the motherboard has gone out of order ...........
    In order to troubleshoot the problem i jumped the Green and Black cable ports of the PSU and the fan starting moving ........ so, i'm supposing that the PSU is working fine ...

I'm also wanting to know how to check the motherboard and if so the individual capacitors and resistors on it ...........and if just in case i'm unable to resolve the issue what options do i have in terms of motherboard(which is similar in technical specifications to my original motherboard), as DELL is charging me a lot more than the price of a new Motherboard .............
    so,kindly suggest me a new motherboard of similar capacity i.e. no of SATA ports,IDE ports,RAM slots etc.which i can buy from a local vendor ........

My current system configuration are as follows :-
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
    Foxconn G33M02 Motherboard
    300 Watts PSU/SMPS
    SATA DVD RW+/-
    Bluetooth module with 13 in 1 media card reader
    IEEE firewire 1394
    TV tuner card(internal)
    Intel's Onboard LAN
    SATA HDD 160 GB
    Link to the Specification page :-

Documentation

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated ............
    thnxx in advance .............

The machine was turned off when you cleaned it wasn't it

Did you reseat any and all cards inside the case. If you bumped lose one stick of ram - that could cause this.
    "Life is unpredictable, eat dessert first."

And when you checked the diagnostic lights, what do you see?

I would NOT waste your time looking for things like "blown capacitors". Don't make a simple problem into a complicated one and make things any worse than they already are.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    The machine was turned off when you cleaned it wasn't it

Did you reseat any and all cards inside the case. If you bumped lose one stick of ram - that could cause this.

thnxxx for your reply ...............

My system was OFF while cleaning ........
    Yeah i tried reseating all the cards ......... but still the problem persists ..........
    infact if it was something to do with a loose connection or improper socket I would atleast get the motherboard to blink or show some lights and beeps as an indication for such an error but while in my case
    nothing happens after pressing the power button i.e. no lights,no fans movement no nothing ......

and if what i have quoted is wrong i.e. there woun't be any kind of indication including beeps etc. if i had wrongly placed the RAM or something else ........... please correct me .......

Question

Quote Originally Posted by osprey4 View Post
    And when you checked the diagnostic lights, what do you see?

I would NOT waste your time looking for things like "blown capacitors". Don't make a simple problem into a complicated one and make things any worse than they already are.

thnxx a lot for your reply ..........

but sry i didn't get which kind of diagnostic lights are you referring too ....... kindly please enlighten my knowledge by providing me with some more details as to what you are actually referring to ........ ??

because as such i'm not able to figure any diagnostic lights inside or outside my system cabinet ........

thnxxx in advance for your help .........

Is the 20+4 pin power supply cable fully connected to the motherboard? Any additional power cables supposed to be plugged into the motherboard? Seems like there is supposed to be another 4 pin power cable plugged into the motherboard behind the I/O ports. According the the pic of the motherboard I pulled up.
    And just because a fan works, doesn't necessarily mean that the power supply still works. I've have power supplies go bad that they would power up everything except the motherboard.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Imperion1 View Post
    Is the 20+4 pin power supply cable fully connected to the motherboard? Any additional power cables supposed to be plugged into the motherboard? Seems like there is supposed to be another 4 pin power cable plugged into the motherboard behind the I/O ports. According the the pic of the motherboard I pulled up.
    And just because a fan works, doesn't necessarily mean that the power supply still works. I've have power supplies go bad that they would power up everything except the motherboard.
    thnxx a lot for your reply ...........
    Yes It is fully connected ...... as of i'm able to analyse it .........
    Because while cleaning the system I actually didn't pull up anything i mean no wires nothing out of the system .. thus i don't seem to think that their is an additional 4 pin power cable requirement ......
    if you want a better idea i would post the power connectors information as well ..........

Here's your troubleshooting guide.

The power button provides certain light patterns that indicate specific hardware issues.

Does the system POST? Can you boot to the Dell diagnostic disc?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by osprey4 View Post
    Here's your troubleshooting guide.

The power button provides certain light patterns that indicate specific hardware issues.

Does the system POST? Can you boot to the Dell diagnostic disc?
    Thnxxx to everyone for their replies ..............
    But actually in my case previously the system didn't even POST ...... so no lights where there .......

and yeah the good news is that my system has started working perfectly again .........
    it all happened while i removed everything off my computer except the motherboard and processor and troubleshooted the Power ON/OFF switch ..... n there i was there was a loose/faulty connection at the terminal of the ON/OFF switch connection .........
    So,while i pressed the port quiet hard and powered the ON/OFF switch, the computer started and there and then my problem got solved .......... although i had previously also reseated the On/OFF switch port earlier but i don't know still may be there was some error earlier ........
    thnxxx again to everyone .............

All's well that ends well.

This is an old thread, but thought I would reply in case someone else stumbled on it like I did.

I had the exact same problem - it turned out to be a bad add-in gigabit network card. Storms rolled through last night, so I assume lightning got it. With the card out, the computer started right up. I re-booted and re-enabled the onboard LAN and everything is fine again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information