+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Can't boot up...MediaShield ROM BIOS 6.78

I think this is a bad one.

When I boot my computer up, I receive a black screen with the following message:

"MediaShield ROM BIOS 6.87
    Copyright(c) 2006 NVIDIA Corp.

Detecting array..."

No matter how long it sets, it never detects anything. It seems to me that it gets caught in an array instead of detecting one.

I've searched on-line and see that this is actually more common of an issue that I'd expected. However, I really haven't come upon any answers.

I've tried a few things that I've seen posted.

1) Removed 1 of my two DDR RAM sticks bringing it down to 1GB. I'm not sure why that's necessary but I tried it anyway.
    2) Resetting the CMOS by leaving the Lithium battery out for 10+ minutes
    3) Attaching a different hard drive.... didn't make any difference, same message.

I am able to get into the BIOS Settings because there are occasions where it goes to the BIOS setup options screen instead of the black "detecting array" screen.

Anyone out there have anything for me... its a great machine and I really can't afford to just lose it...
    Even if you have the slightest idea of something to try... please post (if your not registered please sign up and post)

I do appreciate it... below are my machine specs:

E-Machine T5234
    Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
    AMD Athlon 62x2 Processor 4000+
    320 GB Hard Drive
    1GB DDR2 Dual Channel RAM (Upgraded to 2 GB)
    Nvidia GForce 6150SE

Detecting array... Means it thinks you have a RAID setup. Look in the BIOS to see what the first Boot device is...And or an option to Disable Raid.
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Detecting array... Means it thinks you have a RAID setup. Look in the BIOS to see what the first Boot device is...And or an option to Disable Raid.
    This is the same response I'm hearing from everyone. However, there must be more to it.

1) My CD-ROM Drive is set to boot first, then Hard Drive, then any others (Flash drive USB's ect.) I've switched CD-ROM and HD around, makes no diff. I still get the detecting array message.

2) I found RAID options in my BIOS, it was under Integrated Peripherals... RAID is already disabled.

3) Just taking random guesses and then trying them, I found that by "DISABLING" "OnChip IDE Channel0" the system boots up and runs just fine.

The Bad News: Now my CD-ROM drive is completely gone. I opened up the computer and checked cables, everything is connected. I've never disconnected them. So, I assume this "OnChip IDE Channel0" is related to my CD-ROM drive and any other drives which might be connected to the IDE cables....

So my question is...
    what would cause my CD-ROM drive to send the BIOS into an array. There are four services under "OnChip IDE Channel0". The first two let you either set to "Auto" or "Mode 1-4" (5 options total), the last two can be set to "Auto" or "Disable". I will update this post with the names of those services, I just don't remember them.

I'm very confused... looking for any suggestions, corrections, or answers.

If I re-enable "OnChip IDE Channel0" the system goes right back to "Detecting Array". I've tried loading the "Fail-Safe Defaults" in BIOS, that re-enables "OnChip IDE Channel0" as well and the system going into "Detecting Array".

Any guesses are welcome.

Are the hard drive and cd drive both IDE or SATA or a combo of the two.
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Are the hard drive and cd drive both IDE or SATA or a combo of the two.
    CD just has an IDE connector and the power adapter going to it.

The Hard Drive is a combination, has both an IDE and a SATA connection.

...what's that mean for me?

Thanks for the reply Steve, didn't expect anything on the holiday here.

Re: Fixed

Removed the IDE CD/DVD drive and placed it in a different box. Though it didn't produce the same message, it didn't work and froze the machine up. Junked it and bought two CD/DVD drives with light-scribe technology that connect by SATA. Left IDE disabled. Done and Done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information