Thread: getting rid of Babylon
August 17th, 2012, 04:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
getting rid of Babylon
I have done a lot of reading and have tried several things, but can't seem to get rid of Babylon which seems to have atached itself to Firefox.
1. I have gone to Add On Extensions and it is not listed.
2. I have gone to options and changed the homepage to Google.
3. Searched on Add/Delete programs-not listed.
4. Used Spybot Search and Destroy and it lists it everytime and deletes it, but next session Babylon is still there.
5. Ran Nortons, doesn't know it is there.
6. Ran registry edit, not listed there.
7. Ran Malewarebytes software, doesn't know it is there.
8. Uninstalled Firefox from system, ran Spybot Seek and Destroy got rid of Bablyon. Shut down computer. Installed new version of Firefox. Second session Babylon reappears.
I'm thoroughly disgusted with it. I have Internet Explorer but it runs so slow on my computer. Babylon hasn't attacked it-yet. I love Firefox and prefer to keep that as my browser. I'm not a tech head and need step by step what to do.
August 17th, 2012, 04:49 PM #2
oh great, yet another babylon thread....
we've only had how many of these in the past few months now?
already a lengthy thread here on it:
Help Remove Babylon Search - Malware?i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green
TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By socklosk in forum Technical SupportReplies: 1Last Post: July 31st, 2012, 01:41 AM
By tharrell07 in forum Technical SupportReplies: 1Last Post: July 3rd, 2012, 11:41 PM
By joannafl in forum Security and Privacy IssuesReplies: 1Last Post: April 9th, 2012, 10:50 PM
By spuck in forum IMO CommunityReplies: 8Last Post: April 10th, 2003, 09:20 AM