+ Reply to Thread

Lenovo laptop automatically goes to sleep, shuts down and gets stuck in reboot loop

I have Lenovo y510p laptop and it automatically goes to sleep and wakes up, shuts down and turns on again, gets stuck on reboot loops. Usually it starts with just going to sleep mode and on again, after it's done that a few times it shuts down and turns on again and when it doesn't turn on it gets stuck on reboot loop. This is usually triggered by moving my laptop lid just a tiny bit but occasionally it does it without me even touching my laptop.

This also happened to me few months ago and after trying everything system reset fixed the problem. I do not want to do another system reset and in few months have the same problem again. I have changed my power options in a way that it will never go to sleep mode even if I close my lid but that did not do anything. My windows defender also found a malware a day after it started happening and removed it but it did not help. I have scanned my computer with Avast, Windows defender and SpyHunter but not any of them found anything wrong with my PC. Could it still be a Malware problem and is there anything I can do to remove it without system reset? Did I get the same malware twice?

I do not think it's overheating problem since sometimes it happens right after I turn on my PC. Although I have had this laptop for 2,5 years now (I think) without cleaning the dust from the inside but I am still almost certain that this is not the cause.

I also broke the wire of my power supply but fixed it with separating the metal wires with electrical tape. Some of the small metal wires still broke. Although this happened long ago and my laptop has been just fine but could this somehow be the cause?

I just started updating my drivers. I'll let you know if this helps.

Last time I had this exact problem eventually I couldn't log on because it did not accept my Microsoft password even after changing it couple of times. But when it asked me for my password so I could do a system reset it accepted it. This time this has not happened yet.

EDIT: Updated my drivers but the problem still occurs.
    Last edited by MrBlackstone; February 8th, 2017 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackstone View Post
    I also broke the wire of my power supply but fixed it with separating the metal wires with electrical tape. Some of the small metal wires still broke. Although this happened long ago and my laptop has been just fine but could this somehow be the cause?
    It's extremely difficult to tell without running extensive diagnostics, but this could be playing part, yes. Either way, it's probably worth replacing it anyway - even if it's not a part of the problem, you'll at least have peace of mind with your power supply from now on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information