+ Reply to Thread
    Supporting our military Bill in SD, CA's Avatar

Changing out CD RWs question

I am replacing my HP8100 with a new Buslink 48X. While I think I have this figured out, I would like to run this by you all.

1. Remove the HP in device manager.
    2. Shut down.
    3. Install the Buslink.
    4. Restart and it should work - right?

Thanks,

Bill
    The final legacy of the United States will be that in the end liberalism shamed & destroyed the heritage of this great nation. How sad as I see no turning back. When in Rome ..

Real gangstas sip on Yacc jkrohn's Avatar
    Yes Windows (depending on your version) may prompt you to install the new device on boot.

Other than that it should work fine. You may want to have your burning software scan your drives again though.

Jkrohn
    Signatures blow hard
    If your signature contains an ad of any kind, congratulations, you're on my ignore list.

Ultimate Member
    Bill to Bill:

You might also want to consider removing or uninstalling your old recording software,(Easy Cd Creator?), particularly if it hasn't been updated to the most recent version.(I read recently that someone had to download the most recent update for the software to recognize this drive).
    Nero burning software comes w/that Buslink, so you might consider using that - My experience with it is limited, but a lot of folks around here prefer it over the Adaptec software.

You may want to consider installing both on your system, but I have heard of folks having some conflicts and other probs w/ these two programs wanting to use or share the same resources.
    Hope this helps.

- Bill

(Just picked up my 48x, and mailed the rebates off this morning).

I prefer Nero to Adaptec.

The problem you will run into is if you install Adaptec's "Direct CD". Nero and Direct CD will not play nice So unlesss you need packet writing for RW's don't install Direct CD, or just install one of them.

Jkrohn
    Signatures blow hard
    If your signature contains an ad of any kind, congratulations, you're on my ignore list.

Ultimate Member
    j:
    It's funny - the only reason I like Adaptec is for the Direct CD feature. I thought the Nero InCD was comparable to Direct CD,
    but looking at the documentation on my new Yamaha, it says that InCD only works w/ CD-RW disks, not CD-Rs - is this true?
    Sorry to drift a little from the original thread. . .Thanks.

- Bill

No clue what InCD is, though I will assume it is like DirectCD.

I never found much use for packet writing and thus never use it. *shrug* Being as such I have no clue as to whether or not it works on CDRs

Jkrohn
    Signatures blow hard

Ultimate Member
    I have another question about these two proggies, but will start another thread. Thanks.

- Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information