+ Reply to Thread

A prblem with Win2k and my burner

The problem is, whenever I try to use the ACPI button on the computer, I get a message saying that the burner (LG CED-8083B) is preventing the system from shutting down. it works fine when I try using the start menu, but I want my button back! it always worked fine with Win98SE, and with the upgrade to win2k it has stopped. there are no drivers i have found to solve the problem, and my burner was not meant to be sold in this country so I have no warranty.

I've done everything I can think of, and a few things I didn't, but so far it just isn't working. as I write this i'm getting updated ASPI drivers in a hope that they will solve it. I need all the help I can get on this, as I want to put a second burner in the new PC when it comes for christmas.

Do you have the roxio or adaptec direct CD software installed? If it is it will keep your CD-Drive open waiting for a cd to be inserted. I guess it could possibly cause your system to not want to suspend.

i thought of that, but when i stop directcd running it still comes up saying "the device driver for . . ."

Welcome to TechIMO,corrupted.Is acpi set to "Standard PC"?
    If not,you may want to reset it. Here's a place that provides the details.HTH
    lynch
    Seldom right,but never in doubt...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information