+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimate Member

No keyboard detected?

I seem to have lost all keyboard functionality with my Asus A7NE8X Deluxe Revision 1.06 under Windows XP Home. I Was playing BattleField 1942 and did a Hard Shutdown and the Post indicated that either the Keyboard isnt hooked up or has failed. I have tried both USB and PS2 to no avail even after dumping the CMOS and using a backup keyboard. Clueless as to what happenned although I suspect something corrupted the bios?
    Last edited by DoubleK; August 9th, 2003 at 10:38 PM.

Well I have had a problem like this before, it was on an older motherboard. It turned out to be that the fuse for the keyboard connector had been blown. I had to de solder the old fuse and put a new one in and it worked. I'm not sure why the USB keyboard would not work seems like that wouldn't matter if the PS/2 ports fuse was bad. If you are feelin geeky get out a Voltmeter and look for something labeled F1 or FS1 on the motherboard near the PS/2 port and start testing the fuse with it set on Ohms, to see if its bad. After doing some reading if seems the reason keyboard fuses blow out is usually someone unplugs the keyboard while the system is still on.

No keyboard detected press F10 to continue.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Darthgary
    No keyboard detected press F10 to continue.
    Yeah thats hilarious isnt it? Lol.

Thanks Havoc figured it was something on the Mobo, weirder yet is that the front usb's which are on a header work fine now although they didnt last evening, gona try out the rear Usb's later, keep ya posted. Probably just Rma the board, easier considering it's from NewEgg ;O)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information