+ Reply to Thread

Sony Vaio FX501 Keyboard Not Working Properly

I have a Vaio FX501 Laptop ( it's a european Laptop) AMD Duron 1ghz, 256mb, 20gb hdd running preinstalled Win XP Home Edition the problem I'm Having is some key on the keyboard have stopped working namely the S,A,C,B,K. and the up and down arrow keys the S,A,C were the first to go then a couple of days later the others I've updated the bios with Sony's latest version, reinstalled the keyboard drivers Scanned for Viruses but no luck (I can do a system using Win XP as I've Switched it off) and I can't use the restore disk's Sony provided with the laptop as I would need to use the S,A,C keys which don't work

Phoned Sony Support europe for help as there website was useless they charged 20 euros as my laptop was outside it's warranty then suggested I try the what I had already tried my self then they recommend I return the laptop to their service centre to see if their engineers can repair it and they'll email me with an estimate

Does anybody know if I can use Sony's restore disk's without using these keys or if theirs another way I can get my keyboard functioning properly or what might be causing the problem

Any help would be much appreciated THANKS

sounds more like a physical error than something that can be fixed with programs..... hate to say it, but i would let a tech look inside to make sure the keyboard itself is functioning properly
    I don't like signatures.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information