+ Reply to Thread

wireless keyboard/mouse interference

Machine one: XP Pro
    Machine two: XP Home
    Both using Microsoft Wireless Desktop (keybaord and mouse)
    Linksys wireless router and cards
    Linksys Cable modem

Machine one is in the office downstairs. Machine two is in my daughter's office upstairs. Approx 50+ feet and a closed door separates them. When my daughter is using her machine, my machine does really funky stuff. Programs open. Default network printer was deleted. IE windows open and the teaxt size if changed to HUGE! While I am typing.... untyped characters appear in the middle of the text and the cursor jumps all over. Keypad numbers lock is switched off.

Any suggestions on how to fix this greatly appreciated.

simple, don't use wireless get a wired keyboard and mouse
    doors and walls has no effect on radio signals

gee, thanks!

I did not spend almost $200.00 for 2 keyboards/mouse to put them in a closet and use $15.00 ones!

LOL

I appreciate your post, thanks, but I was hoping for something a little more... well.. dunno... but a way to use this set up.

I know of no way to change the frequency or channel of them and the rf they use does cover a good distance.
    you might want to experment with some kind of shielding to reduce the range of then so as to reduce the interferance.

two radio units working in that close range will always interfere with each other

its just the keyboard and mouse thats doing it

Have you hit the connect button to switch frequencies so both sets are on a different one? I'm not sure if this would work, but worth a shot. Also this says something about Microsoft Smart Receiver software that detects radio interference. Just wondering if you have it installed and if it actually works

^^ That should work. I've had a Logitech with Ch. 3&4 switch, and my current Viewsonic has the same thing.

What happened to Channel 1&2?

some wireless kb/mouse combo has some ID code feaure to prevent interfering with other rf/wireless equipmentwithin range.. i have a a4tech wireless combo and it has that function. check it out in the manual.
    E7300 | Gigabyte Volar | Asus P5QL PRO | 4 x 1GB Team Extreem Dark DDR2 800 | Palit 9600GT Sonic 1GB DDR3 | HEC Raptor 500W | 120GB, 320GB, 200GB SATA HDD | 20x LiteOn DVDWR | Viewsonic 19" Wide

ok, here is a status update.

I have pressed the buttons on the reveiver and keyboard on the machine that has been interfered with. Figured that would "remind' the keyboard where it was supposed to take a signal from. Then I took the receiver that was causing interference and put it in the desk drawer in my daughter's office.

So far no problems today.

<fingers crossed>
    Thanks everyone!

that's good! hope it wont come back.. gud day to you.
    E7300 | Gigabyte Volar | Asus P5QL PRO | 4 x 1GB Team Extreem Dark DDR2 800 | Palit 9600GT Sonic 1GB DDR3 | HEC Raptor 500W | 120GB, 320GB, 200GB SATA HDD | 20x LiteOn DVDWR | Viewsonic 19" Wide

No pants, Wearin'a Helmet MitaDC's Avatar
    That would be kind of fun to screw with someone from another room if they had a wireless keyboard/mouse and so did you...hmmmm...lmao
    Dr. Cox -Newbie, Stay. Oohhh what a good boy you are, Newbie..... DEAR GOD JUDY HOW MUCH PRODUCT DO YOU USE?
    J.D -None. It's like this when I wake up

There could be a interference if there any cell phone nearby. Or a speaker..
    If only the dead can speak, then we will know what's happening to us all next...

Originally posted by MitaDC
    That would be kind of fun to screw with someone from another room if they had a wireless keyboard/mouse and so did you...hmmmm...lmao
    Ha! A classic Candid Camera situation, huh?

it would have been hilarious if it were not so annoying. Here I sat, at the computer typing away, when all these programs starting opening. I mean like five and six at a time. Over and over again. Anf the print screen funtion started itself. And Mu default printer got deleted. and As I was typing all these character appeared on screen. And the cursor would jump all over the page.
    and all these things continued to happen even when I was not even touching the keyboard.

It would have been hysterical if it were happening to someone else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information