+ Reply to Thread

How hard is Dreamwever to use?

I'm using Front page 2003 right now and frankly does a good job I think. I'm not really creative so my website tends to be just a bunch of links. The only problem with Front page though is that when I look at my site in other browsers besides explorer the content looks different. For exsample if I have a picture in a left hand corner in explorer it will show up in the middle or right side in lets say Mozzila. I know that Front Page is proprietary to Explorer and I could have sworn that earlier versions let you ajust it to other browsers.But, not this one. I like to switch to dreamwever as long as it's user friendly. I know zip HTML. I know that Front Pages HTML is not the same as if you were to right it yourself.

Frontpage, being a Microsoft product, works best with other Microsoft products...so it's no wonder that the code from Frontpage would look fine in IE, but not in Netscape, Mozilla, or Opera.

IE is more forgiving when it comes to code that isn't 100% perfect.

Yes Frontpage does add it's own code, or should I say, it 'dumbs' down your code, adds extra tags, and adds IE-specific tags...tags that work in IE but not other browsers.

Frontpage is the absolute worst HTML editor on the market...the best is Dreamweaver MX...unless you are so awesome that you can just use notepad...Dreamweaver is not hard to learn, although different from Frontpage in it's look and feel...once you get the hang of it...it's very powerful. It supports everything from XML to plain 'ole HTML...it works with almost all server technologies...it's awesome. Dreamweaver will also help you design a page that will work in all browsers...

Buy Dreamweaver MX, pick up a book, and force yourself to learn it...once you've learned the basics of Dreamweaver, you'll laugh at yourself for ever having used Frontpage.

Frontpage is OK if you are just doing a basic site...with nothing but simple links...or you need simple site management...but as you learn more...you'll want a tool that can grow with you, and I think Dreamweaver MX is the way to go...

Thanks...

I use dreamwaever, and so does my teacher at school who runs the track wbsite

The big problem with Frontpage is all the excessive and unnecessary code it insists on inserting into your HTML.

Dreamweaver has a learning curve, for sure, but it is a far superior product than Frontpage.

dream weaver is gay

try notepad, or Homesite 4.5 ++

notepad is ok if you know html.. but i dont.. mostly..
    i use dreamweaver
    as far as being hard to use, its not
    everything is shown and can be edited how you see fit.. its like using word
    Last edited by JacobM5727; April 4th, 2003 at 07:51 PM.
    --Jacob--

Home site is part of dreamweaver.

Its the coding half of it.

I use dreamweaver (and homesite) for any html based sites I do (mainly I work with flash or fireworks html no)

It is great software go to macromedias website and download the 30 day trial and then buy the software its great.

PyroSama
    JOIN [FaD] | TEAM NUMBER 2037 | http://www.techimo.com/forum/t121132.html

There is a program called EditPad which is a superb Notepad alternative. The original version was free but it's hard to find. But it is an excellent alternative.

Dreamweaver is the shizzat!!
    Intel E6600 w/ ASUS P5N-e SLI (OC: not yet)
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (OC: not yet)
    2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 (2x1GB)

Originally posted by rastorize
    Dreamweaver is not hard to learn, although different from Frontpage in it's look and feel...once you get the hang of it...it's very powerful.
    That about sums it up.... I've used dreamweaver for my webpage needs since dreamweaver 3, now using MX and its awesome.
    My friend uses frontpage.. and although it maybe slightly easier to use, his pages often get screwed up, and/or dont display correctly. If you can afford dreamweaver, its definately worth it

lol notepad... go old-schoolers!

dreamweaver is nice, i just never had the chance to full see what i can do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information